Location: US, VirtualApply Now
OPENTEXT - Enterprise Solutions for Customer Communications & Experiences
Come be a part of the world’s leading Enterprise Information Management Company, Opentext! Our mission within the Customer Experience Management team is to help companies deploy and succeed in delivering a multi-channel, multi-solution experience platform that redefines the future of personalized experiences and hybrid cloud services. We are focused on helping companies turn years of information management expertise and investment into highly connected and secure Customer Experiences.
Director - Enterprise Solutions for Customer Communications & Experiences
Our global Customer Experience Management team helps F2000 companies digitally transform and reinvigorate their customer experiences across every channel, providing rich and meaningful customer, partner and employee engagements that drive higher revenue, brand loyalty and seamless self-service.
As Director, Solution Consulting with OpenText you will be integral to leading and creating vision on how to bring the Opentext Customer Communication and Experience Platform to market and how to build, demonstrate and position the multi-solution platform to partners and customers. Your responsibilities will be to manage and continuously build an A + North America based, distributed team, ideally personally located in a major city in the East Coast or in a Northern California location. You will recruit, develop and provide the necessary leadership, vision, and support to ensure the transfer of vision, knowledge, skills, and mindset the team needs to exceed their regional goals and quarterly targets.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that the team is able to identify technical and market based opportunities within new and existing customers, aid in the building and the delivery of in-depth technical and market oriented customer discovery sessions, articulate a value based analysis of the technical and market differentiators compared to the competition, provide compelling demos for both end-user and technical audiences, and lastly, to provide initial guidance for how to best implement the OpenText Customer Experience Platform to ensure customer success and delight.
You are great at:
• Working closely with Sales leadership and Account Executives to understand quarterly business goals and to ensure the focus and management of the Presales team to align with these goals.
• Working with Sales, Pre-Sales, Value Management and Product Management to qualify and close the technical sale portion of any new opportunity.
• Take personal ownership of top deals in each quarter.
• Work with the Value Management team to help develop ROI metrics and reporting for both operational and Sales Management on likely customer success
• Manage team performance, ensuring the retention of key team members and management of underperforming team members
• Provide peer support and enablement to the SE, AE and Partner communities
• Has superior knowledge around value selling and solution selling techniques to communicate our solution’s business value
Strong Aptitude for:
• Maintaining close working relationships with Strategic Architecture, Value Engineering, and Product Unit teams to ensure our complex and often customized solutions benefit both the customer and OpenText
• Working proactively with Customers, the AE, and the partner community to develop Customer Experience value propositions for individual customers and vertical sectors.
• Self-motivating, problem-solving, task ownership and problem resolution skills
• Strong pre-sales solutions technical experience in on-premise, hybrid and cloud solutions
• Demonstrable aptitude for leading and managing technical pre-sales consultants
• Excellent presentation, communication, and time management skills
• Interact at Corporate Executive level
• Present to VP/C level audiences effectively
• Selling skills, ability to listen, know when to talk about technology and when to talk business value
What it takes:
• 10+ years direct software (or related) pre-sales support experience
• 8+ years of managing technical teams
• 5+ years’ experience in the Customer Communication Management Marketplace (CCM) and any combination of Dynamic Document, Web Forms, Workflow, WCM and Experience Management solutions are a plus
• Ability to work virtual/remote and travel as required (50% travel is expected)
• Education: BS degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or related
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.