Function: Cloud Services
Location: US, NJ, Tinton FallsApply Now
The OpenText Senior Storage Engineer will assist with general maintenance and upkeep of our global storage environment. Included in this; deploying storage changes, working with vendors, maintaining storage backup infrastructure, ensuring performance specifications are met and other duties as directed. This person will participate in an on-call rotation to handle production impacting issues. The OpenText Senior Storage Administrator will report to the Senior Manager of Storage for Commercial Platforms.
You are great at:
To support the Operations Organization by employing systematic efforts that translate operational storage needs into configuration specifications which provide a robust, stable and maintainable Production Storage Processing environment, meeting or exceeding all Business Requirements.
• Participate in strategic projects
• Provide oversight of the global storage footprint
• Provide storage forecasts based on usage and trending
• Keep up to date with storage manufacturers product offerings
• Provide Level3 expertise for break\fix issues
• Ensure accurate and non-impactful changes are implemented in the production environment by working with technical services storage resources
• 24x7 on-call support on a rotating basis
• Flexible working approach, not a 9 to 5 mentality
What it takes:
• EMC’s VMAX, VNX, Symmetrix and Celerra platforms, Hitachi (HDS), 3PAR storage, NetApp, Cisco SAN Switches & Symantec Netbackup and DataDomain.
• Hands-on VMware & vSphere Administration and scripting.
• Understanding of system administration, trouble-shooting and performance tuning of RedHat Enterprise Linux, HP-UX, Solaris & Windows Servers.
Education and Experience:
B.S. in computer science / information systems or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5-7 years progressively responsible experience in;
• EMC, Netapp, Hitachiand HP 3Par Storage Array installation, configuration and administration
• Storage allocation, upgrades and optimization standards
• Storage Performance Tuning
• Proactive monitoring and tools implementation
• Cisco MDS and Brocade SAN switch installation, configuration and administration
• SRDF/DR , Storage management tools (ECC, SE, ESRS, SMC/SPA), NetBackup Administration
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.