Function: Cloud Services
Location: US, NJ, Tinton FallsApply Now
The Sr. Systems Engineer will be responsible for leading support and review for all activities related to cloud platforms. This individual must understand thoroughly of current design with hands-on technical experience. The role will also help support development of innovative solutions in cloud and infrastructure technologies.
You are great at:
• Develop/enhance/improve a global support model
• Deliver technology advisory and implementation solutions that extract and maximize business value from IT investments for the commercial platforms
• Provide feedback to global systems, infrastructure, architecture and tools teams to enhance OpenText services and applications with regard to making them more easily supported in a Production environment.
• Enhance our automated deployment strategy; full lifecycle development of components with an emphasis on high quality, scalability and usability. Work with global systems, infrastructure, architecture and tools teams to elicit and make recommendations on system improvements
What it takes:
• Require a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related.
• Well versed in VOIP, Fax, Telecom and related technologies to lead the global technical resources
• Apply sound software engineering principles and good practices to produce commercial grade solutions
• Identify and analyze alternate architectures
• Review system design documents and change requests ensure compliance with architecture standards
• Lead efforts to centralize documentation and make it more accessible as related to systems
• Experience needed in VOIP, Media Gateways, Session Border Controllers and other traditional telecom technologies (ISDN, etc)
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Strong sense of product architecture
• Ability to understand and factor system requirements into architecture
• Understanding Fax technologies and protocols is a big plus
• Hands on systems (Unix) and scripting is also a big plus
• Experience in large-scale commercial VOIP installations preferred
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act