Location: US, NJ, Tinton FallsApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
This position is to help managing cloud based email messaging and production platforms with high-profile partners. This role has significant exposure and involves proactively monitoring email deliveries and maintaining email deliverability. You will be working in a predominantly UNIX environment and will need to maintain close working relationships with various Internet Service Providers.
You are great at:
• Working closely with Email/Internet Service Providers to help resolve domain name and/or IP address blacklisting issues. Explore opportunities to have our messaging platforms domain names whitelisted through Third Party Mail House agreements
• Proactively tracking delivery notifications and other sources to detect and help to resolve email deliverability issues
• Providing weekly and monthly status reports to management on various SPAM investigations and other email deliverability related issues.
• Developing scripts and/or applications as needed and maintain existing scripts and applications used daily in automation of the corporate email deliverability administrator duties.
• Troubleshooting and resolving issues, interfacing with others as required and continuously identify ways to help improving the quality of service
• Staying informed on changes in technology and within the computer industry and keep current on security protocols, applicable laws and regulations.
• Using established methodologies and documented procedures to perform assigned tasks and keep work environment clean, secure and well-maintained.
• Managing work and prioritizing effectively to meet milestones and project plans of both short and long-term projects plan and keep management, customers and vendors informed of issues and status.
• Teaching and coaching others to enhance their technical skills, troubleshooting techniques and email management practices.
• Reading and classifying postmaster email which includes messages from email spam reporting services, messages from recipients complaining about Spam and delivery problems.
• Assisting and helping in identifying possible abuses of our anti-SPAM policy.
• Performing the planning, coordination and execution of software and hardware installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades.
• Administration of Internet facing services (HTTP, FTP, SSL, SOAP, XML/API, SMTP, DNS, TLS, Web Services, etc)
What it takes:
• 5+ years of experience working with or administering email and other internet related protocols (ie. Web and DNS).
• Core knowledge of SMTP, Mail Transfer Agents, DNS and TCP/IP principles.
• Programming background in Shell, Perl and C.
• Proficient Unix skills highly desirable.
• System/network security related experience would be a plus.
• Established technical problem solving and critical thinking skills, including the ability to think creatively to find solutions.If they a
• Must be willing to work flexible hours as required by a 24x7 production environment.
• Strong written, verbal and listening communication skills to write documentation and communicate with managers, customers and colleagues.
• Coordination, organization and teaming skills.
• Ability to see the big picture and quickly grasp and apply technical concepts.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act