Location: US, NJ, Tinton FallsApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Provide support for Opentext’s cloud based messaging platforms with a focus on application services running on Solaris, Linux and Windows based systems. Application support runs the gambit from all internet facing services, to telephony edge based services, to document translation subsystems and internally developed custom applications.
This position will provide the installation and configuration of all application software. The successful candidate will respond to and troubleshoot/resolve assigned incident tickets. On-call support (both during business and off-hours) and scheduled weekend maintenance work is required for this position.
You are great at:
• Hands on administration of all production applications
• Supporting all internet facing services (ie. HTTP, FTP, SMTP, MQ, XML/API, etc.)
• Managing telephony edge based services (ie. Aculab & Brooktrout/Dialogic TDM and SIP based)
• Documenting translation subsystems (ie. MS Office products, Adobe PDF, etc.)
• Working with internally developed custom applications.
• Participating in short and long term projects where interaction with internal and external organizations/customers/vendors is required.
• Installation and configuration of internally developed and third party commercial & open source application software in our test and production environments.
What it takes:
• 3 to 5 years of Application support. Of specific interest is; SMTP (sendmail, qmail & MessageSystems), DNS, FTP, Web, MQ, Direct Connect, Jboss, Apache.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in deploying and installing packages on Solaris and Linux operating systems.
• 3-5 years of experience in Solaris and Red Hat Linux administration. Windows administration experience would be a plus.
• Must be self motivating and capable of working both independently and as part of a team.
• Sound Operating System knowledge and understanding of principles and good practices to support commercial grade applications.
• Excellent communication, written, email management and people skills.
• Scripting expertise in Shell/Perl/Expect/Powershell.
• Strong analytical and problem isolation skills.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience or training.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act