Location: US, NJ, Tinton FallsApply Now
This position performs duties under general supervision to apply quality assurance and testing concepts, policies, practices, processes and procedures to a range of projects, ensuring exhaustive testing to verify compliance with specifications. Those duties are generally associated with projects of medium to large / high size, scope and complexity.
You are great at:
• Participate in requirement and design reviews and study the specifications to gain the in-depth knowledge required for efficient testing.
• Contribute to the development of test strategies, plans and metrics to cover the testing lifecycle for unit, integration regression, beta and user acceptance testing.
• Create test cases and identify test conditions by working with the systems and software engineers.
• Work with the operations and development staff to source test data and establish the quality assurance environment.
• Execute the testing deemed necessary in the test strategy and test plans, tracking testing metrics in accordance with policy and procedure and escalating issues to the appropriate levels in the organization.
• Document defects identified during testing and work with software engineer to reproduce and resolve defects.
• Team with developers to see that all enhancements and bug fixes are documented as required and all pre-requisites are completed prior to hand-off into the change control process.
• Participate in post-project debriefs to analyze the effectiveness of the quality assurance and testing policies and practices.
• Complete the quality scorecard for accurate records of defects in the development phase, QA process, hand-off to change control and production.
• Recommend and help implement continuous improvement to the testing process.
• Teach and coach development, quality assurance and support resources to enhance their approach to testing.
• Participate on special project teams for development or corporate initiatives as such projects arise.
• Use established methodologies and documented procedures to perform assigned tasks.
• Manage work to meet milestones in accordance with the project plan and keep management and project managers informed of issues and status.
• Other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
• Associates Degree in Computer Science or Information technology and minimum of 2 years of related experience.
• Proven skills to handle progressively complex software testing.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with advanced skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
• Working knowledge and experience with development lifecycle, quality assurance methodologies, software testing, and operating platform(s).
• Demonstrated proficiency in developing and executing test plans / test scripts.
• Established technical problem solving and critical thinking skills, including the ability to think creatively to find solutions.
• Knowledge of Windows, Unix and Linux and basic telephony.
• Written, verbal and listening skills to write documentation and communicate with managers, customers and colleagues.
• Coordination, organization and teaming skills.
• Ability to produce high quality work in accordance with project timelines.
• Self-motivated and quality-driven, balanced with technical ability.
• Ability to see the big picture and quickly grasp and apply technical concepts.
• Ability to multitask and respond to priority issues effectively.
• Ability to work independently, under general supervision.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.