Function: Cloud Services
Location: US, NJ, Tinton FallsApply Now
The Principal Cloud Optimization Engineer is responsible for contributing to Cloud management, Cloud standards, Optimization, and foundational guidance for the OpenText Hyperscaler partners GCP, AWS, and AZURE. This role is for highly technical and experienced cloud optimization engineer possessing demonstrable capability in operating, managing and setting of Cloud first standards and solutions. The role collaborates throughout product engineering, operations, customer service and professional services organizations to ingest requirements and set strategy that achieves OpenText global goals. This is a very visible role where decisions may be challenged and a successful candidate will be able to inspire, defend, influence and persevere. The role will work under the Infrastructure Engineering organization reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Infrastructure. This position requires strong leadership, excellent communication, attention to detail and a willingness to go “hands-on” to demonstrate. The candidate will be flexible and comfortable in working on both small- and large-scale initiatives while balancing priority and setting expectation.
You are great at:
• Operationalizing and Optimizing Hyperscalers
• Conveying Hyperscaler and Cloud best practices based upon experience.
• Communication - listening and being heard to promote acceptance of controversial strategy
Managing vendor relationships to stay informed of roadmap deliverables
• Willing to teach and inspire innovation rather than tell what to do.
• Providing insightful analyses on the efficiency, quality and economics of Cloud Operations based on empirical data
• Developing standards and high-level architecture designs
Recommending and acting to direct the analysis of and solution to problems
• Providing visibility to impediments/risks and helps eliminate them
What it takes:
• 10+ years of industry experience for a global, high-tech environment, with at least 5 years in a technical leadership role. 3+ years solutioning and architecting in global hyperscale environments (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure). Hyperscaler Certifications highly preferred.
• Results-oriented, agile, iterative work and thought process
• Passion for winning in the Cloud business / industry
• Desire to not only learn, but to teach and inspire innovation
• Ability to work across multiple silos within the organization toward successful outcomes, including an ability to address complex situations into actionable plans
• Strong ability to interpret data quickly and communicate to executive / business stakeholders
• Flexible and adaptable to time sensitive situations and work in a high-pressure environment
• Strong business acumen and proficiency in financial and resource management
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.