Location: Australia, SydneyApply Now
The primary objective of the OpenText Enterprise Cloud business is to provide value-added alternative software delivery options via Cloud Services to OpenText software customers. By offering cloud-based managed hosting and SAAS delivery services, the OpenText Enterprise Cloud business enables OpenText to deepen the business relationship with customers.
The purpose of the Cloud Desk Specialist as part of the Worldwide Deal Desk is to promote and enable sales of OpenText’s family of Enterprise Cloud Managed Services solutions. The role of the Cloud Desk Specialist is to engage with the field sales organization to build awareness and understanding of our cloud offerings and to develop opportunity spotting capabilities as well as working closely with sales executives to develop those opportunities. The cloud desk specialist will also provide guidance through the sales cycle and provide pricing and P&L for review, approval and releasing to the customer. Once a Cloud opportunity is identified, the bid team works closely with the responsible Account Executive and Solutions Consultant in a supportive role as the Cloud solution SME to achieve a successful outcome of the quote to close process. The Cloud Desk Specialist is also responsible for regional pipeline tracking into the Cloud Desk Director’s global pipeline and helps to define and improve cloud offerings and related processes through participation in various internal working groups and works with and supports other members of the Cloud Desk group and the director as necessary.
You are great at:
• Presentation of OT Cloud solutions and capabilities to internal and external audiences
• Create & price OpenText Enterprise Cloud (OEC) offerings
• Participate in bid/no-bid decision reviews
• Assist in the preparation of responses to RFI/RFPs
• Assist in the negotiation and contracting process for Cloud opportunities
• Improve sales outcomes
• Track and report on regional pipeline activity, quote-to-close timelines, and other metrics as required
• Ensure full documentation of each opportunity is stored for audit purposes.
• Guide the sales organization through the sales cycle for OEC opportunities.
What it takes:
• Experience in selling enterprise cloud managed service solutions
• Experience with SF.com
• Experience with Excel-based pricing tools
• Knowledge of OT product offerings
• Understanding of cloud-based software delivery and hosting operations
• Ability to work as part of a sales team to contribute subject matter expertise in support of a successful sales outcome
• Ability to coordinate activities, share ideas, collaborate, and communicate with team members located at locations around the world and working on different time zones and work schedules
• Demonstrated willingness to take full ownership and responsibility for assigned tasks and support issues
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.