Location: Russia, St. PetersburgApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Capture Group of OpenText Enterprise Content Management platforms division is focusing on development and and maintenance of the Captiva product line. Captiva technology transforms electronic and paper documents into application-ready information providing a flexible, end-to-end capture solution that includes document capture, document classification, data extraction, information validation, and delivery to backend system. As a Consultant Software Engineer, you will play a key role in the continuing success of OpenText Capture solutions.
Works on very complex and sensitive problems and provides state of the art solutions, which are highly creative. Determines requirements and functional specifications for entire system, under only consultative direction. Uses independent judgment to determine course of action and accomplish goals and objectives. Serves as technology consultant and team leader, provides input and consultation on crucial organizational and corporate objectives. Recognized as expert in field internally and externally. Identifies new opportunities for OpenText, ability to champion new ideas that impact long term organization and corporate goals and objectives.
You are great at:
• Design and development of Capture components related to capture, processing, and recognition of business documents
• Ownership and technical leadership end-to-end; design, development, validation and test automation, deployment, and support in production.
• Work closely with Quality Engineering to review test plans and test cases
• Provide architectural guidance for major software initiatives, including technology standardization and modernization.
• Develop design standards and guidelines, and mentor engineers on best practices
• Effectively collaborate with senior stakeholders to gain collective buy-in on architecture strategies
• Evaluate, test and provide recommendations for new tools for enterprise management
• Work with an international team in various time zones. Occasional travel may be required.
• MS or PhD in CS or a related technical field and 10+ years of enterprises software development experience
• Total of 8+ years of software development experience using Microsoft Development Environment and tools.
What it takes:
• Strong familiarity/experience with .Net Framework.
• Working knowledge of data structures / databases / operating systems / distributed systems
• Working/developing complex Algorithms and Object Oriented Design
• Practical experience with Agile/Lean software development methodologies, design patterns and architectural patterns
• Deep understanding of benefits/drawbacks of different software design and integration patterns
• Experience in developing commercial (generally available) software
• Ability to constructively argue/defend own opinion/analysis within the internal group and outside
• Ability to guide and help engineers in areas of design and implementation
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
• Strong familiarity/experience with Windows architecture, Windows services
• Strong familiarity/experience with one or more of the following: HTML5, AngularJS, REST-Services, mobile development
• Familiarity/experience with image processing, image classification, OCR
• Familiarity/experience with Perforce, JIRA, TeamCity
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.