Location: Russia, St. PetersburgApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Capture Group of OpenText Enterprise Content Management platforms division is focusing on development and and maintenance of the Captiva product line. Captiva technology transforms electronic and paper documents into application-ready information providing a flexible, end-to-end capture solution that includes document capture, document classification, data extraction, information validation, and delivery to backend system.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will play a key role in the continuing success of OpenText Capture solutions. You will work under little to no supervision and within general practices; provide technical expertise in implementing features for a wide range of complex software modules. To ensure product functionality completeness and the highest quality of work, you will work closely with product managers, QA engineers, technical writers, support engineers, and other engineering teams worldwide. Assignments may include new products as well as upgrades, and enhancements or fixes to existing products.
You are great at:
• Writing excellent code employing best practices and applicable design patterns
• Participating in writing design specs, unit test plans and integration test plans
• Creating automated tests including unit tests for applications
• Being accountable for delivery of subsystem, anticipating issues and addressing them proactively
• Developing new software engineering methods or processes, re-evaluating existing processes
• Leveraging direction set by architects to ensure consistency across multiple applications
• Comfortably and thoroughly presenting technical concepts to audiences with varying technical expertise
What it takes:
• MS or PhD in CS or a related technical field and 5+ years of enterprise software development experience
• Significant years of software development experience using Microsoft Development Environment and tools
• Experience with Windows architecture, Windows services
• Expert knowledge of .NET Framework (C#), WPF UI.
• Expert knowledge of data structures / operating systems / distributed systems / multithreading programming / performance optimization
• Expert knowledge of design patterns and object oriented principles and how and when to apply them
• Deep understanding of benefits/drawbacks of different software design and integration patterns
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Practical experience with Agile/Lean software development methodologies
• HTML5, AngularJS, REST-Services, mobile development
• Experience with image processing, image classification, OCR
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.