Function: Cloud Services
Location: US, MI, SouthfieldApply Now
The role Software Engineer/Cloud Dev Ops is to build solutions to enhance availability, performance and stability of OpenText services as well as automating away repetitive work. Your focus will be in the OpenText next generation platform using cloud technology. You will be responsible for building and creating this environment from beginning to end. You'll be working on non-production and production environments, monitoring, data collection and configuration management, as well as disaster recovery planning, capacity engineering, reliability improvement initiatives and platform automation. Your mission will be to use cutting edge technology for monitoring and maintaining the day to day operations of the entire production infrastructure for OpenText Discovery on our AWS platform. The best person for this role is someone that has a collaborative spirit - in our world, it’s not about being a hero and having all the answers, it’s about sometimes saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption. The team needs someone who can ask questions, learn from others and turn chaos into order.
This role would be a great fit for someone with creative and innovative problem-solving skills. You will develop and implement solutions that operate at scale. Our teams are empowered and expected to improve our products to truly deliver a reliable experience to customers.
You are great at:
• Provide attention to incidents according to Service Level Agreements.
• Take ownership and accountability for the incident resolution process.
• Provide a quality and timely response.
• Act as a technical liaison with other teams to evaluate and report bugs.
• Establish and maintain a good relationship with team members, Product Development, Customer Service and Sales.
• Participate in training and information sharing activities.
• Act as backup for other team members when necessary.
• May require shift work.
• On-call rotation is required, as 7x24x365 support is required.
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering
• Minimum 5 years of Computer Engineering Experience (This will vary as we have 3 open positions and 3 different levels)
• Basic Knowledge of cloud infrastructure platforms (AWS\Azure\GCE\OpenStack)
• Basic Knowledge of the Linux operating system
• Previous experience with 3rd Party software installation and maintenance
• Must be a team player (positive attitude, willing to share knowledge with others, willing to learn, adaptable to change)
• Must have ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Should be extremely detail oriented and meticulous
• Should have at least 2-5 years of Information technology experience. (This will vary as we have 3 open positions and 3 different levels)
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment working on projects against strict deadlines.
• Should have a Research & Development Mentality
• Should be able to work with team and individually
• Strong understanding of ITIL principles, certification is a plus.
• Diagnosing & troubleshooting user facing service incidents & outages
• Working experience with PaaS (Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes and likes)
• Knowledge of Docker\Linux Container
• Experience with the following:
o Cloud Foundry Deployments, upgrades and migration.
o Customizing cloud foundry build packs per product specification.
o JAVA/J2EE,Spring,Ruby technologies.
o Have worked in AWS and\or OpenStack environments
o Centralized logging like Elasticsearch, Logstash, kibana and Graylog or any other
• Basic Knowledge of how clustered state-full services work (Example: Elasticsearch, RIAK, Cassandra, Redis etc).
• Knowledge of Docker\Linux Container and Kubernetes
• Have written customize docker files for deployments
• Should be familiar with CI/CD.
• Should have experience with Jenkins, nexus, ansible.
• The ability to understand and maintain Scripting software
• Deep understanding of Windows systems
• Good working knowledge of Linux
• Deep expertise in Monitoring distributed systems application architectures
• Exposure to & maintenance of configuration management tools at scale
• Exposure to system & application level telemetry for large distributed cloud architectures
Additional Value-Added Qualifications
• Experience with container management and micro-services architectures such as Docker
• Application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies
• Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP,DHCP, TCP,IP etc…)
• Experience monitoring cloud services with Dynatrace, New Relic, Icinga, Nagios, BMC or any HPE tools
• Experience migrating existing on-premise applications and services to AWS
• Awareness and insight into industry trends (technology, methods and tooling)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act