Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
OpenText is looking for a Product Manager with Supplier or Partner Portal expertise in the Business Network (BN) business unit. The Product Manager develops the product strategy, drives the definition and the delivery of product releases and is responsible for the full life cycle of the product. She/he works closely with the go-to-market team to ensure the product roadmap can meet the requirements of the business plan and can be successfully rolled out.
In this role the Product Manager will drive the Business Network integration of the Covisint Supplier Portal within the portfolio and across product portfolios incorporating the best solutions in OpenText into the Business Network offerings. This role will require a strong understanding of Supplier and Partner relationships and an understanding of how Portals are used and constructed.
The Product Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the strategic plan for a product. They maintain close relationships with the market (customers, evaluators, and potentials) for awareness of market needs, defining market requirements, development of solutions, package the features into product releases and manage Agile product backlogs. She/he works closely with the go-to-market team to ensure the product roadmap can meet the requirements of the business plan and can be successfully rolled out. This position involves close interaction with sales, marketing, development leads, product architects, and key customers. A strong technical background is required.
You are great at:
• Discover and validate market problems (both existing and future customers)
• Seek new market opportunities by leveraging the company’s distinctive competence
• Provide oversight of strategy, technical, and marketing aspects of the product
• Create and maintain the business plan including pricing
• Determine buy/build/partner decisions
• Approve final marketing and go-to-market plans
• Conduct technology assessments
• Determine integration approach and plan
• Analyze the competitive landscape
• Work with key customers, analysts and members of the field organization to gather requirements for future releases and feedback on current releases.
• Maintain the product roadmap and represent it for the product internally and externally
• Monitor and incorporate industry innovations
• Define user personas for individual products
• Write and prioritize product requirements and use cases
• Work closely with product developments scrum teams to ensure product is built to specifications
• Assist the documentation group in developing released documentation and guides
What it takes:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in information systems, business, supply chain, or logistics & transportation. MBA is a plus.
• Experience in defining and managing horizontal or vertical software solutions, either through product management or equivalent activities.
• 2 years experience with two or more different segments requiring portals.
• Extensive background and knowledge in the Supplier area of manufacturing including, but not limited to Logistics, inventory and purchasing.
• A plus if you have implemented a Supplier Portal in an existing OEM.
• Strong customer orientation and comfortable in sales situations, proven through former activities
• Strong background in consumer or enterprise software user experience strategy, design, and development
• More than 5 years of experience in SaaS solutions.
• Accustomed to work in an international environment involving multiple development sites on various time zones.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act