Location: US, MI, SouthfieldApply Now
OpenText is a vibrant software engineering organization that enables business users to securely connect people, systems and things.
We are looking for an experienced full stack software engineer to join the OpenText engineering organization. In this role you will have the opportunity to make significant decisions that contribute to our highly successful Identity and IoT cloud-based platforms. You will work across the entire software lifecycle of these products from design, to development, and through release. We are an agile development team following the scrum model. If you have a passion for technology and like the idea of developing products that are industry leaders, you could be a good fit.
You are great at:
• Loves technology at all levels: architecture, design, implementation, test, and deployment.
• Delivers high-quality software that is scalable, high-performing, and robust.
• Contributes to the matching of tasks to the strengths of team members.
• Determines the key aspects of a project and prioritizes efforts towards those goals.
• Writes thorough tests for all software that is developed.
What it takes:
• Minimum of five years of experience developing solutions using front end frameworks and backend technology stack. Experience leading a team is a bonus.
• A deep understanding of developing software in Java
• A background developing in a micro service-focused organization. Cloud Foundry knowledge preferred
• Previous experience with Spring framework
• Understanding of NoSQL databases, Cassandra preferred
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, information systems or related fields.
• Familiarity with designing and developing distributed and/or cloud-based solutions.
• Familiarity with services provided by cloud technologies like AWS and Azure.
• Flexibility to move across different languages, technologies, and frameworks.
• Proven history of learning and implementing new technologies in a fast-moving environment.
• Passion for technology.
• Must thrive in new product environments – those that frequently change and have time constraints.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.