Location: US, MI, SouthfieldApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Today, auto OEMs are struggling to connect and share information between their vehicles and the complex ecosystem of drivers, service centers, other cars, and the world around them. Faced with threats from ownership-free models like Uber and direct-to-consumer, fully-connected competitors like Tesla, auto OEMs are also seeking ways to improve their customers’ experience to improve owner loyalty and repurchase rates. The OpenText Covisint Cloud Platform is the platform of choice that can enable these solutions and more.
OpenText is looking for a Product Manager with IoT (Internet of Things) expertise in the automotive industry vertical in the Business Network business unit. We provide an open, developer-friendly, enterprise-class cloud platform which enables organizations to build Internet of Things (IoT) and identity-centric solutions that quickly and securely identify, authenticate and exchange information across users, devices, and applications. The OpenText Covisint platform has been successfully operating globally at enterprise scale for over 12 years, and is the technology behind innovative solutions such as General Motors OnStar™, Hyundai’s BlueLink™, and Cisco’s Automation & Integration Platform™.
In your role as Sr Product Manager, you will drive the Business Network integration of Automotive IoT products within the portfolio and across product portfolios incorporating the best solutions in OpenText into the Business Network offerings. This role will require a strong technical background and an understanding of IoT, Identity Management, B2B transactions, SaaS solutions, and managed services delivery and support models. You will develop the product strategy, drive the definition and the delivery of product releases and be responsible for the full life cycle of the product. You will manage the roadmap, release cycles and product development backlog for the cloud platform that accelerates the development and deployment of IoT applications for the automotive industry.
In addition, you will be responsible for maintaining close relationships with the market (customers, evaluators, and potentials) for awareness of market needs, defining market requirements, development of solutions, package the features into product releases and manage Agile product backlogs. You will work closely with the go-to-market team to ensure the product roadmap can meet the requirements of the business plan and can be successfully rolled out. This position involves close interaction with sales, marketing, development leads, product architects, and key customers.
We manage over 25 million identities in the OpenText Covisint cloud platform. We support thousands of global customers worldwide, and more than 200,000 connected businesses. Our OpenText Covisint platform handles billions of transactions annually, and have managed transactions worth more than $1 trillion. Do you want to change the world? If so, come talk with us.
You are great at:
• Discover and validate market problems (both existing and future customers)
• Lead market and product analysis around the automotive ecosystem
• Seek new market opportunities by leveraging the company’s distinctive competence
• Provide oversight of strategy, technical, and marketing aspects of the product
• Create and maintain the business plan including pricing
• Determine buy/build/partner decisions
• Conduct technology assessments
• Determine integration approach and plan
• Analyze the competitive landscape
• Work with key customers, analysts and members of the field organization to gather requirements for future releases and feedback on current releases.
• Maintain the product roadmap and represent it for the product internally and externally
• Monitor and incorporate industry innovations
• Define user personas for individual products
• Write and prioritize product requirements and use cases
• Work closely with product developments scrum teams to ensure product is built to specifications
• Assist the documentation group in developing released documentation and guides
What it takes:
• 5+ years’ experience working on Internet of Things initiatives
• 5 years’ automotive industry, PaaS, SaaS and B2B Supply Chain cloud offerings
• 3+ years’ product experience with an auto manufacturer or a telematics vendor, including the definition and launch of commercial services for Connected Vehicles
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Supply Chain or equivalent; Masters/MBA degree a plus
• Experience with Agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban) and agile development tools
• Experience in defining and managing horizontal or vertical software solutions, either through product management or equivalent activities.
• Strong customer orientation and comfortable in sales situations, proven through former activities
• Ability to handle large-scale project management for concurrent initiatives
• Skilled in presentations and discussions with business and technical staff
• Strong communication and presentation skills in English language
• + years product management experience, including 3+ years related to the B2B
• Willingness to travel globally approximately 10%
• Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, business oriented
• Strong leadership skills
• Effective at influencing and convincing others into action yet able to also be a good team member/player
• Ability to manage in a very fast paced environment with multiple high-level priorities.
• Enthusiastic, sees problems as opportunities, and proactively develops knowledge and skills needed.
• Understand and articulate customers’ viewpoints and perspectives, the problems, challenges and opportunities customers face in their businesses and how customers use, or could use, the product(s) to address them.
• Goal driven; plans and manages toward achieving goals, anticipates problems and issues and proactively drives their resolution.
• Proactively interacts and establishes rapport with people of diverse styles, backgrounds and job positions/levels.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels.
• Accustomed to work in an international environment involving multiple development sites on various time zones.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act