Location: Singapore, SingaporeApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Reporting to the Director, APAC Controllership, the Financial Controller provides support to the Global Finance team, assisting in accounting and financial reporting activities as well as being responsible for regional Controllership requirements for the Singapore and Malaysian legal entities. The Financial Controller will ensure all local statutory compliance and financial functions are properly fulfilled. In addition, this position will play a key role within the local management team supporting sustainable business growth to ensure short term actions are aligned with long term strategic vision of the business.
The Controllership group is responsible for all legal entity statutory, financial compliance, corporate reporting according to local GAAP, and audit requirements. The Controllership group will represent Finance and support the tax and legal teams in the execution of financial matters and initiatives.
You are great at:
The Financial Controller is responsible for the Controllership requirements for the Singapore and Malaysian group of companies. The purpose of the position is to maximize return on financial assets and guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing global policies and procedures.
• Obtain support from the global shared service functions to provide transactional processing and support.
• Annually, prepare legal entity financial statements based on local GAAP and manage the related financial and internal control audits.
• Responsible for the good governance of the relevant legal entities by managing the statutory compliance requirements for all of the relevant legal entities to ensure they remain in good standing. Collaborate with local management with respect to non-finance related governance matters.
• Monthly and quarterly, review the US GAAP close financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness. Prepare analysis of financial results, review GL account reconciliations, and follow up accounting process matters that require attention.
• Responsible for indirect tax calculations and submissions, and partnering with functional tax managers in the area of corporate taxation and transfer pricing.
• Liaison with the Global Finance teams (Global Shared Service Center, Corporate Accounting, AR, AP, Order Entry, Payroll) to ensure the accuracy of financial information for local and US GAAP financial reporting.
• Managing the relationship with professional advisers including audit firms, taxation consultants, and other service providers.
What it takes:
• 10 years of related finance and accounting experience in a technology environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; capable of communicating in professional and courteous manner with peers, customers, vendors and management.
• Singapore and Malaysian GAAP and US GAAP knowledge is required
• Strong knowledge and application of local compliance and taxation rules and regulations
• Detail, deadline and results oriented with strong analytical skills.
• Proven self-starter with the ability to balance multiple tasks of competing priorities in a changing and dynamic environment.
• Proficient in MS Office applications and hands on experience with ERP systems (SAP and MS Dynamics preferred)
• Has obtained an accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA). BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, MBA or related major.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.