Location: Singapore, SingaporeApply Now
The Director, Ecosystems Strategy for APJ is responsible for the definition and execution of the go to market process of Open Text’s Ecosystems product portfolio in the APJ region. Focus will be driving the success of our SAP solutions, followed by the success of our Salesforce and Microsoft solutions in region. She/he is building up regional GTM plans, determines the necessary marketing initiatives and takes care of a successful execution and product roll out into the Open Text and SAP field. Furthermore, the role oversees the APJ Ecosystem budget and is responsible for managing to this. The included business reporting and decision functions that have a significant impact on OpenText’s business development and success in the region. Other key activities are sales readiness, demand and lead generation, sales support and partner coordination. Important responsibility is also the coordination of joint GTM activities as part of the overall SAP reselling program. As part of this function the program director builds the relationship with both internal and external stakeholders such as SAP but also key customers and partners. She/he works outbound with Open Text sales, Open Text channel managers, Professional Service, Learning Services and marketing functions and as part of the reselling program closely with SAP Business Development, SAP Partner Management and SAP Sales. She/he continuously compares actual business performance with the business plan and decides about necessary changes and additional measures in order to reach the goals. She/he reports in the Senior Director, Ecosystems Strategy.
While many of the activities necessary for a successful product rollout can be outsourced to other internal or external functions (generation of marketing collateral, technical training, field marketing), some key deliverables such as joint GTM planning with SAP, sales training, and/or event related presentation remain within the responsibility of the Program Manager. She/he also works extensively with the Product Manager function to ensure the roll-in of market demands and customer requirements. The Program Manager also contributes to the strategic product direction together with Product Management, based on experience, market research and customer demand.
He/she will work closely with sales managers, presales, local channel managers, product manager and other program managers for the solution suite.
You are great at:
This position is accountable for, but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Go to market planning and execution
• Planning and execution of APJ specific marketing campaigns to drive lead and demand generation
• Planning and coordination of development of marketing collaterals
• Planning of the business expectations as well as monitoring of financial achievements against the plan
• Definition of a growth plan and execution of measures to drive growth
• Development of sales kits to ensure successful sales support
• Provide sales support to close business
• Successful customer engagement to support strategic opportunities and secure customer loyalty
• Coordinate and/or running of enabling sessions for sales, presales and global service of Open Text and SAP
• Drafting and negotiating legally binding special bid offers (SBO) for SAP resell opportunities with support of an OpenText legal counsel
• Marketing Forecast for SAP Business in APJ (weekly)
• Marketing support and communication to channel partners
• Build and maintain an effective network of product specialists & consultants in the field including a partner network
• Continuous benchmarking of actual performance versus business plan.
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s degree or College diploma or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 5+ experience of product marketing
• Minimum of 5+ experience with OpenText’s SAP Solution Extension Portfolio
• Experience with forecasting and reporting systems based on CRM and reporting systems (OLAP)
• Experience with cloud-based solutions
• Program and project management skills
• Understanding of sales and marketing principles
• Experience in the development of enabling programs for sales and/or partner
• Basic understanding of SAP and Salesforce market
• Domain knowledge in the combination of SAP Business Suite, Salesforce Suite and Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
• Understanding and experience in orchestrating different internal and external resources in a project/program
• Strong communication and presentation skills in English
• Willingness to travel across APJ and occasionally Europe and North America
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.