Location: Singapore, SingaporeApply Now
The Opentext Professional Services team is comprised of more than 3,000 consultants who act as trusted advisors, managing long-lasting relationships with more than 100,000 customers around the world. They are responsible for the delivery of business solutions from pre-sales to post implementation. Our teams of experts help organizations solve issues, create value, improve business performance, and work more effectively in an increasingly digital world.
The Senior SAP Technical Consultant is responsible for delivering enterprise grade content management solutions that combine SAP business processes with ECM technology to help our clients achieve high performance, efficiency and compliance requirements. The person in this role will deliver solutions using OpenText Content Server and Archive Server technology and products to achieve defined business outcomes and augment the SAP suite which includes solutions for specific industries, ERP, CRM and HCM. Individuals must possess skills in requirements analysis, solution design and configuration, development, testing and deployment. The consultant must also possess good problem solving and trouble-shooting skills on SAP.
You are great at:
Your role as a Senior SAP Technical Consultant in the Opentext PS organization encompasses the following responsibilities:
• Responsibility for leading and implementing a part or all of a consulting project starting from requirements gathering and analysis, strategy and solution design, development, to the actual realization phase and sub-sequent deployment and go-live. Focus areas will be on product installations, HW sizing across environments.
• Ability to interact with business stakeholders on business requirements, demand prioritization, business case preparation and execution planning.
• Translate business opportunities, problems into solutions that have measurable outcomes.
• Establishes a close trusted advisor relationship with the client base throughout and after the consulting project completion.
• Provides mentorship to peers as part of the project implementation effort.
• Provides formal and informal solution specific training and knowledge transfer to client base
• Assists Sales and Pre-Sales teams throughout the sales cycle as a technical advisory capacity
• Coordinating efforts and providing subject matter expertise to support software and service sales process and teams.
• Active participation in business and client development during and after engagement to generate new opportunities.
• Establishing and implementing project methodologies and processes within work teams and facilitates coaching and knowledge transfer within work teams.
• Coordinating and aligning with Delivery Managers regularly
• Stay abreast of Opentext product evolution and roadmaps
• Stay abreast of and be able to articulate Opentext value proposition to our customers
• Create Work Breakdown structures to support pricing estimates and validates with delivery terms
• Participant in Project Reviews as required
What it takes:
• The candidate should have 8+ years of professional experience in installing, configuring & deploying medium to complex software application components
• Profound know-how about SAP & BASIS administration
• Profound operating system know-how for the platforms supported by Open Text ECM – Archive Server (Windows, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, Linux)
• Profound data base know-how (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server DBA level knowledge)
• Experience in Hardware sizing in production environments for various applications is required.
• Experience in Installation, Configuration and Administration of the SAP Solution Extension by OpenText is a plus
• Demonstrated experience in a consulting environment combined with excellent written English, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work with management and functional level users to analyze requirements, design and deliver solutions to meet those requirements.
• High degree of motivation and energy, ability to work independently and in high-performance teams and groups to achieve client objectives
• Good Understanding & Experience in the following:
o SAP FI/CO module know-how
o SAP Workflow: Design & Implementation
o ABAP OO programming skills
o SAP SRM expertise
o SAP imaging expertise
o SAP Data Archiving expertise
• Excellent Business and Technology level verbal/written communication skill
• Develop all Statements of Work, Change Request, RFP responses, Rough Order of Magnitude and Basis of Estimate (BoE)
• Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any of the engineering disciplines.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.