Location: South Korea, SeoulApply Now
Reporting to the Director, Professional Services, the selected candidate provides Global clients with reliable, professional, and high-value services in the field of Natural Language Processing, Computational Linguistics and Data Science as well as consulting services for the OpenText software and services. Working in a close relationship with the whole Professional Services team, the Computational Linguist is primarily responsible for the configuration and training of Open Text Analytics software according to delivery best practices. The candidate shall liaise with Sales and Pre Sales teams to expand and develop business opportunities within the region.
You are great at:
• Advising, Guiding and Assisting customers with Magellan (OpenText AI platform) and other solutions from OpenText AI & Analytics Practice
• Working with the customer to understand their needs and suggest the best approach to Text Mining and Analytics
• Building and automating vocabularies and taxonomies for specific customers
• Building text analytics visualization using a business intelligence engine & big data analytics
• Building analytics demos for POCs and pre-sales activities
• Delivering training and workshops to customers
• Other consulting and technical delivery activities
• Thought Leadership in Natural Language Processing, its application, and related fields
What it takes:
• Degree in Linguistics and Information Science as well as good analytical skills. Experience in the field of Natural Language Processing having performed activities in lexicography (controlled vocabularies and taxonomies), having trained/configured Text Mining Engines and possess knowledge in common linguistic analysis algorithms.
• Must be able to develop in one (1) programming or scripting language.
• Assets: data visualization methods, SQL, XML, Linux, Business Intelligence and Records Management
• Experience: 5+ years of work experience in the field of Computational Linguistics and related areas
• Language: advanced skills in English, academic knowledge of other languages.
• Travel: up to 45%; must be able to travel in the APAC region for business development as well as project implementation assignments.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.