Location: US, CA, San MateoApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Senior Technical Writer is expected to be able to function independently without excessive direction. The Senior Technical Writer is also responsible for generating high quality end user documentation and helping to promote usability and consistency across our product lines.
You are great at:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in English, Computer Science, or equivalent. Advanced degree a plus.
• Minimum of five years of professional experience in software technical writing.
• Fluency with Microsoft Office suite (including Word, Excel, Outlook) a must.
• Solid working experience with FrameMaker. Experience with Framescript a plus.
• Solid working experience with Arbortext or other HTML strongly desired.
• Experience with single-source publishing.
• Experience with the Agile development process and use of Jira and Confluence strongly desired.
• Familiarity with XML, HTML, and CSS strongly desired.
• Familiarity with version control systems.
• Familiarity with creating and modifying a variety of image formats, including screenshots, graphics, and diagrams.
What it takes:
• Analyzing proactively, communicating areas of concern clearly, anticipating potential problems before they occur, and creatively coming up with solutions.
• Understanding and expressing complex technical concepts clearly.
• Making our users’ experience with software better.
• Maintaining flexibility and a sense of humor under pressure.
• Exercising a scrupulous attention to detail while working independently within a team environment.
• Accurately managing both the need for high quality work while meeting tight deadlines.
• Collaborating successfully with members of the doc team and other departments.
• Planning and executing work effectively, efficiently, and accurately.
• Continually striving to improve the quality of both output and process.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act