Location: US, CA, San MateoApply Now
The Product Marketing Manager or Senior Product Marketing Manager (PMK Manager) will support the Magellan product and solution offerings within the AI and Analytics business unit. The PMK Manager will be responsible for product and solution messaging and its implementation through all internal and external channels of communication. The PMK Manger will be interacting with his/her counterparts in the product marketing, product management, industry marketing, and other teams as well as with the sales force. This is a global role with responsibility to recognize and adapt strategies and messages for different regions.
You are great at:
• Generating compelling messaging, articulating positioning, key differentiators, competitive positioning, etc. and coaching others to ensure consistent application across the organization.
• Developing marketing materials for your product portfolio working with corporate marketing. teams and external contractors. This content should support the Field to advance deals through the funnel, provide high value and performance for demand generation activities, and educate/protect the install base through improved adoption of differentiating capabilities. Examples include slide decks, brochures, case studies, demos, whitepapers, videos, web content, etc.
• Working with sales and partner/channel organization to support deal development, identify/maintain pricing and ensure overall channel readiness through sales and partner enablement activities.
• Developing a strong understanding of customer use cases and the value derived from Content Suite solutions and telling those stories in a compelling manner in presentations and success stories, working together with customer marketing to identify and nurture references for the Field, Analysts and Shareholders.
• Helping develop and support demand generation strategies and funnel optimization programs, working with other departments such as Global Campaigns, Regional Field Marketing and Account Development.
• Acting as a product and market evangelist, communicating the value of the product capabilities at corporate and third-party events, and by developing and sharing thought leadership and product-oriented content marketing assets such as blogs, whitepapers, newsletter, social content.
• Planning the launch of new products and releases – and working with colleagues in the implementation of the plan.
• Managing time sensitive projects that involve cross-functional team coordination, such as the completion of analyst surveys or preparation of program content for user conferences.
• Working closely with Product Managers in support of product objectives, introducing new capabilities and representing market needs during product definition.
What it takes:
· Bachelor’s degree; MBA nice to have however not required
· At least 5 years of professional experience with at least 2 years in a product marketing, marketing or communications role
· Experience with the AI/Analytics industry a significant plus
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with work samples to show it
· Aptitude for technology and the ability to connect technical concepts with customer value
· Strategic thinking and ability to define and pursue high level objectives
· Proven ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing work product quality
· Ability to prioritize and differentiate what matters from the noise
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act