Location: US, CA, San MateoApply Now
The Opentext Analytics Magellan platform delivers information to virtually unlimited numbers of users in record-breaking time. This highly scalable and clustered server platform generates, manages and securely delivers interactive, actionable business information to employees, customers and partners. Opentext Analytics Magellan Server can integrate information from any data source and application, and can be phased in, adding features and resources as required and forms the foundation of Opentext Analytics Magellan Platform.
The Opentext Analytics Magellan Platform product development team is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to join the team. You will contribute to the architecture and be responsible for the design and development of the cloud ready, highly available and highly scalable iHub multi-tenant platform.
You are great at:
• Developing new features, as well as, enhancing existing features, and frameworks.
• Understanding and learning unfamiliar technologies and frameworks, concepts and design patterns and integrating them quickly while working in a fast paced, team-driven agile development environment.
• Taking ownership of features and code bases, working under pressure, and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Developing through all phases of the development cycle on Windows, Linux and UNIX.
• Work within teams and with cross teams, to deliver efficient and scalable code.
• Suggesting enhancements and providing input on products and features developed by the team.
What it takes:
• BS in Computer Science is required, MS preferred from a school with a strong Computer Science program
• Minimum 5+ years of hand’s on server development experience
• Strong programming skills - Java
Nice to have:
• Big data, Hadoop and Spark programming experience is highly desired
• Knowledge or experience working with HortonWorks HDP, Cloudera or Cassandra are strong pluses
• Experience participating in an Agile/Scrum development team
• Experience with the development of large-scale multi-tenant clustered server platforms
• Experience with developing server architectures and models for cloud deployments
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act