Location: US, CA, San FranciscoApply Now
This partner management role to drive business growth and pipeline with Managed Partners in support of the company’s revenue goals. Managing all aspects of the relationship with a select number of North American Partners, this role is responsible for the execution of the company’s partner strategy, developing plans focused on pipeline generation, marketing and enablement, and driving alignment with Field Marketing and Sales teams across North America. This role is critical to the success of the North American region, identifying, developing and driving pipeline with Managed Partners and to discover and deliver incremental, partner-originated revenue opportunities for the region.
Reporting to the Director, Alliances and Channels, Americas, the Partner Account Manager, will apply insight and planning to drive OpenText industry and technology propositions with selected managed partners in order to generate a pipeline of incremental sales opportunities in support of Field Sales revenue goals. The Partner Account Manager will support sales opportunities, marketing and services initiatives to create OpenText and Managed Partner regional alignment.
To achieve these objectives, the Partner Account Manager must work cross functionally through the various OpenText Sales, Marketing, Services and Support departments displaying direction and leadership to define and advance the overall team goals.
You are great at:
- Working closely with the Sales and Marketing to drive incremental pipeline and revenue growth with partners.
- Focusing on strategic partnerships and strong execution to build long term value and sustainable success for both OpenText and its managed partners.
- Contributing to the development of the Americas region Managed Partner Strategy and Business Plan working with the Sales Directors and other stakeholders across the business.
- Working closely with Field Marketing and Services Teams, to develop structured, enablement plans and marketing campaigns focused on partner-originated pipeline generation.
- Interfaces with Senior Management inside OpenText to drive closer engagement between our respective sales, field marketing, professional services and customer services teams.
- Build a deeper, more strategic and sustainable partnership with select Managed Partners, and prepare to increase market share against our core competitors.
- Responsible for meeting assigned sales and pipeline targets.
Implement a structured and programmatic execution with a defined set of Managed Partners and in accordance with the OpenText Global Partner Program.
- Develop strategies and leverage company resources to generate incremental partner-originated pipeline and to maximize sales volume and profit goals within selected Managed Partners.
- Effectively engages and builds cooperative relationships with sales resources: SC team, Value Engineering, Global Alliances and Program teams, Product Units, Field Marketing, Professional Services, Customer Services, Legal, and executives as required.
- Understands the Managed Partners’ strategy, GTM and future direction.
Communicates business plans and updates through regular team meetings, conference calls, and reviews.
- Ensures commitment from the Managed Partner for pipeline generation and revenue goals, focus and capabilities, across the region.
What it takes:
Preferably a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Further technology and/or business education a plus.
Requires a minimum of several years of related software, sales and partner management experience.
Previous enterprise software sales and management experience (both direct and indirect).
Proven track record of managing partners as well as strong success in personally developing partner relationships/ programs with demonstrable results.
Knowledge of Enterprise Information Management or comparable market space, competitors, trends and related industries.
Previous experience successfully partnering with large technology partners such as SAP, Salesforce and Microsoft.
Proven history of being able to work independently and with cross-functional sales, marketing and engineering teams to achieve company and departmental objectives.
Strong business acumen and capable of developing and managing strategic plans with partner and company executives and challenging the status quo.
Outstanding written/verbal communication skills and excellent negotiating skills.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.