Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
Reporting to VP, Cloud and Applications, you will be accountable for providing technical leadership, identifying emerging trends and drive strategic architectural plans for a portfolio of products. In addition, you wouldn’t be afraid of diving deep into the code and scrum process to uncover issues with the technical approach for development and then be able to zoom out and provide a framework and learnings that can be applied across the entire portfolio.
You will be joining a $300M+ business that is poised to be the fastest growth driver in the company for cloud. You will be joining at a time of transformational change in the company and will be one of the most visible technical leaders in the company.
You are great at:
• Provide architecture thought leadership through technology selection, strategic direction, development standards, and other areas
• Dive deep and create POCs to “show how its done”, versus just “talk about how its done”.
• Initiate and deliver technology evaluations, recommendations and technical road maps for how to position on technology in the future
• Translate technology concepts into business terminology
• Design and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems
• Apply architecture and coding skills throughout our solutions
• Manage and optimize our Agile processes, delivery pipeline, tools and procedures.
• Working on complex problems that may require research and deep knowledge of the solution and address broad design issues for future projects.
• Creating executive presentations on results specifically related to the architecture and foundation of the engagement and influencing the strategic direction of the practice.
What it takes:
• 10+ years' experience in hands-on development, application design in the delivery of data-intensive software products
• 5+ years in a Senior architect role in previous large-scale software development projects, preferably within a SaaS delivery model
• Not afraid to dive deep and code to show the POCs for concepts in order to get buy in.
• Comfortable in communicating architecture to all levels of management and customers
• Excellent knowledge of software development methodologies and processes
• Track record that includes the design and release of high quality, high performance enterprise software product / application
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.