Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
User Experience Designers at Open Text research, design, prototype and test software products that solve critical business needs of our customers. Through a sound understanding of the underlying architecture, product vision and requirements, we create compelling, usable user interfaces for complex enterprise software applications across desktop, web, tablet and mobile platforms. We work as essential development team members in a highly collaborative, agile environment to create industry leading Enterprise Information Management software solutions.
You are great at:
- Conceptualizing, designing and delivering intuitive and compelling designs for a complex, multiplatform (windows desktop, mac desktop, iOS mobile, iOS tablet, Androd mobile, Android tablet, blackberry mobile, web/browsers, Java, etc.) product suite that clearly support customer needs and business objectives.
- Creating interactive prototypes as proof of concept of the software product solution, serving as the starting point for requirements validation, conceptual design validation and basis for iterative development activities.
- Supporting Program and Product Management by performing user research, developing ongoing relationships with customers to build a shared understanding of their problems and needs.
- Working with Product Management in helping to define requirements that create the product backlog and define the user experience vision for the product.
- Acting as subject matter expert on the user experience capabilities, limitations, and tradeoffs presented by various platforms, technologies, and frameworks.
- Maintaining a cohesive user experience strategy for area of immediate responsibility and coordinate with other designers on cross-company UXD strategy. Researching and evaluating new product UXD support opportunities.
What it takes:
- BA or MA in user experience design, interaction design, HCI, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of mostly relevant experience. Highly developed professional/technical skills are needed to perform the job.
- Experience designing complex enterprise applications
- UI development experience on web, desktop, or mobile platforms a plus
- Creative, with solid understanding of interaction design best practices / principles
- Requirements gathering and analysis
- Prototyping (paper and click-through interactive)
- Ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborate environment as part of a global User Experience Design team
- Ability to shift among multiple projects as needed in rapid, agile software development environment
- Experience with a variety of UI design and prototyping tools, e.g. Visio, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Axure, Balsamiq, Flash, etc.
- Knowledge of GUI accessibility standards (Section 508, WCAG, etc.) a plus
- Visual design background is a plus
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act