Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
Want to work on something that the Fortune 1000 relies on every day? Want to be a part of building out the next-generation B2B platform?
OpenText Business Network is the global leader in B2B integration. We boost the competitiveness of businesses worldwide by connecting them with their business partners seamlessly, through the world’s largest and most scalable information network. We create frictionless interaction between companies—from the cloud to the client—through a secure, reliable, and data-rich platform.
You are great at:
The position requires an experienced software developer that will be part of an awesome development team and be responsible to perform the following development tasks: help design complex components and the interaction between them, create precise development specifications, turn design into user stories, implement specifications, produce accurate work estimates, perform maintenance on software, and be able to author technical documentation. Ideally, the successful candidate for this position will have experience and knowledge in building large-scale commercial applications and must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
What it takes:
• Software architecture, design, and development in an object-oriented Java environment.
• Five or more years of experience in software architecture, design, and development in Java.
• Experience in web service/server development using Java: e.g. Tomcat, Mule etc.,
• Proven skills to handle progressively complex software design/development.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience with development lifecycle, relational databases, networking, operating platform(s), and more than one programming language. Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts.
• Demonstrated organizational, decision-making, human relations and communications skills
• Demonstrated critical thinking. For example, consistently delivers high quality feedback during design reviews and other meetings
• Demonstrated ability to acquire new skills in the use of software development tools and methodologies and effectively put the new skills into practice
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly evolving environment
• BPM engines, Micro-services, containerization, Spring etc. a big plus
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.