Function: Cloud Services
Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
The Cloud Platform Engineering\SRE team is looking for a Software Engineer to join the team working on setting up and managing cloud platform that is secure, resilient and scalable.
The position will be responsible for setting up, improving and managing PaaS and CICD to support OpenText enterprise information management cloud platform for Fortune 10,000 organizations that delivers end-to-end, feature-rich functionality and capabilities and enables them to enforce policies and compliance centrally. We need a passionate individual who can pick up new technologies and scale across roles and is flexible to work with a diverse team.
You are great at:
• Write tools to automate procedures to create and manage multiple environments;
• Deploy system automation technologies to streamline development, testing and operational activities
• Investigate, resolve and/or provide in depth analysis on environmental issues
• Build, manage and support development and testing environments, assisting developers in debugging application issues using tools
• Contribute to a library of provisioning and management scripts, and help manage extensive monitoring and alerts infrastructure
• Provides technical expertise in developing solutions to complex software engineering problems, which require frequent use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Interacts cross functionally on matters that require coordination across functional/organizational lines
• Offers proposed design changes/suggestions to processes and products, exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of an assignment
What it takes:
• Solid knowledge and experience of Kubernetes and containerization, knowledge of Cloud Foundry a bonus;
• Solid experience of Java programing and shell scripts, good knowledge of REST;
• Good understanding of CICD;
• Knowledge and Experience with at least one of major rdbms, ideally PostgreSQL; Experience with Cassandra would be a big plus;
• Preferred skills: working experience in virtualization, especially VmWare Stack; git; Knowledge of Linux networking, cpu, memory and filesystem;
• Experience with one or more of the following tools: terraform\chef\ansible; Knowledge of BOSH a plus;
• GCP experience and Knowledge of Anthos a big plus; experience of AWS and Azure is a bonus
• Ability to learn and evaluate new technology;
• Other skills: problem solving, communication, analytical ability; ability to multi-task;
• 5+ years software engineering;
• BE/BTech/BS in Computer Science
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.