Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
OpenText is the market leader in Enterprise Content Management platforms. The SaaS Tools and Infrastructure engineering team is looking for a software engineer who has knowledge of cloud infrastructure. The position will be responsible for setting up and managing data services and PaaS to support OpenText services on the cloud. We need a passionate individual who can scale across roles and is flexible to work with a diverse team.
You are great at:
• Write tools to automate procedures to manage multiple environments.
• Deploy system automation technologies to streamline development, testing and operational activities.
• Investigate, resolve and/or provide in-depth analysis of environmental issues
• Build, manage and support the development and testing environments, assisting developers in debugging application issues using tools
• Setup and manage data services that supports HA and DR.
• Contribute to a library of provisioning and management scripts, and help manage extensive monitoring and alerts infrastructure.
• Produce technical design documentation for the operations team.
• Manage peer code-reviews and testing to maintain high standards.
• Provides technical expertise in developing solutions to complex software engineering problems, which require frequent use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Writes functional detailed design specs as well as responding to requirement documents and system level test plans.
• Interacts cross functionally on matters that require coordination across functional/organizational lines.
• Collaborates well with other engineers and other engineering groups, voluntarily shares information.
• Offers proposed design changes/suggestions to processes and products, exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of an assignment.
What it takes:
• Solid knowledge and experience of Kubernetes and containerization, knowledge of Cloud Foundry a bonus.
• Solid experience of Java programming and shell scripts, good knowledge of REST.
• Experience with one or more of the following tools: terraform\chef\ansible; Knowledge of BOSH a plus.
• Knowledge and Experience with at least one of major RDBMS, ideally PostgreSQL; Experience with Cassandra would be a big plus.
• Preferred skills: working experience in virtualization, especially VMware Stack; git and perforce; Knowledge of Linux networking, CPU, memory and filesystem; Knowledge of swift object store.
• Bonus skills: GCP, Azure, AWS, OpenStack.
• Ability to learn and evaluate new technology.
• Other skills: problem-solving, communication, analytical ability; ability to multi-task.
• 5 + years software engineering
• BS in Computer Science
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.