Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Manager, Financial Governance Audit is a key position in the Internal Audit Services team and provides support and leadership in managing the Company’s ICFR/SOX/Financial Reporting Risk & Compliance program (ICFR), and leading a team performing internal audit work, primarily focused on financial reporting/accounting matters.
You are great at:
• Working closely with the ICFR Design Manager to ensure the integrity and currency of the Content Server Tool (documentation of internal controls and tests).
• Managing engagement performance in accordance with predefined deadlines. Independently developing tests for the most complex internal audit assignments.
• Planning, performing and reporting more complex financial reporting and accounting audit engagements.
• Leading the Audit from the introductory to closing meeting. Ensuring management is kept abreast of audit activities/findings, presenting audit results and recommended actions to management, and determining if appropriate and timely action is being taken for all significant items reported.
• Scoping, identifying risks and working closely with the ICFR Design Manager who leads in recommending design of controls/processes.
• Preparing audit reports and preparing and reviewing working papers that support opinions and recommendations to improve process, system and control deficiencies.
• Managing the Company’s ICFR/SOX/Financial Reporting Risk Compliance program under supervision of the Senior Manager, Internal Audit Services, and operational audit activities focusing on adding value (quality and efficiency) to the company’s governance and financial reporting processes. This includes scheduling a team of internal and external parties across the globe to conduct tests of design and effectiveness and building and maintaining relationships and ongoing communication with the external auditor.
• Driving the risk assessment process for SOX, including working closely with the ICFR Design Manager who oversees ICFR risk review meetings, the overall risk and control matrix, and certification process.
• Managing and leading complex operational audits (addressing financial reporting risk) in accordance with the Internal audit charter. Independently planning, performing and reporting on medium to high complexity operational audits, or manage others in doing so.
• Continuously assess risk and contribute to the development, scheduling, and monitoring of the overall internal audit plan.
• Assisting in the coordination and assembly of significant portions of the quarterly reporting to management and the audit committee.
• Building relationships with key members in finance team, and more broadly, with key risk owners / process owners across various functions and geography.
• Leading more complex audits of SOX or financial reporting, and regulatory audits, including planning individual audits, performing tests and reporting.
• Preparing and reviewing audit reports and working papers that support opinions and recommendations to improve the process, system and control deficiencies.
What it takes:
• Preference will go to candidates with an accounting Designation such as CPA (Canada or US), and CIA (alternatively candidate could be working towards the designation)
• University Degree
• 6-8 years minimum overall related experience SOX, Internal Audit, External Audit, financial reporting
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP and/or Financial Reporting and SEC/SOX internal control and disclosure requirements
• Strong knowledge of the COSO and COBIT framework
• Excellent senior management presentation, report writing and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage with a participative style, facilitating effective and efficient audit operations.
• Act as a trusted mentor and counselor to staff
• Works with sense of urgency and efficiency, strong orientation towards integrity
• Ability to maintain confidentiality surrounding items of a confidential/ sensitive nature
• Up to 20% travel may be required
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.