Function: Technical Support
Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
Want to work with 85% of the world’s top brands and more than 100,000 customers in 140 countries? With OpenText Customer Support you have the chance to help our customers use our world class software and making them wildly successful! No two days will be the same as you’ll face new challenges and opportunities when working in our fun & collaborative atmosphere.
For more than two decades, OpenText™ has produced innovative online solutions that change the way organizations conduct their business and the way people gather, store and use information. Our Enterprise Information Management (EIM) technology is leading the industry. We have earned the trust of the world’s top Fortune 500 companies and helped these organizations flourish, lower costs, reduce information governance and security related risks and support their digital transformation.
Our Manager, Customer Support position offers you an opportunity to learn exciting technologies which would enable you to support our customers. Critical thinking is something that you’ll leverage on an ongoing basis as each customers situation is unique therefore you will need to be creative with your solutions. Our strong team-based environment ensures that if you get stuck or need some help, you’ll always feel supported.
You are great at:
• Representing OpenText acting as first point of contact for all technical inquiries regarding ECM and its integration into external environments.
• Direct responsibility to oversee the operations of the Customer Support team. This encompasses time management, issue prioritization, and policy compliance.
• Deliver a customer centered philosophy.
• Mentor Customer Support team members.
• Manage all customer relations for customer problems that are escalated to your attention. This includes developing action plans for escalated customer problems, informing customers of the plans, and keeping customers apprised of the progress.
• Develop standard operating procedures for the Open Text Customer Support team.
• Participate in Human Resource activities such as hiring, performance management, training, etc.
• To keep the Senior Management of North American Customer Support advised of all problems and potential problems within the Open Text Customer Support team and make recommendations towards finding solutions.
• To provide leadership and facilitate open communication between Product Specialists within the group and other departments within Open Text.
• Work under general guidance with results reviewed periodically, seeking approval from others on matters outside of job or role as needed.
What it takes:
• 7+ years previous experience working within a technically focused environment. Highly developed professional/technical skills are needed to perform the job.
• Strong team building skills and previous experience leading technical teams
• Previous experience interfacing with customers in a support capacity
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Highly organized with an ability to balance multiple projects and escalations in a fast-paced environment.
• Any combination of the following skills or knowledge is a must:
o Good foundation/knowledge working with Windows OS/Linux OS, Windows and Linux Servers
o Experience working with relational DBMS (Oracle, MS SQL Server and IBM DB2)
o Working experience with virtual environments (VMWare ESX, Oracle VirtualBox, Citrix)
o Enterprise Content Management
• As a 24x7x365 organization, shift work, holidays and on-call responsibilities may be required.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.