Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
Want to work on something that the Fortune 1000 relies on every day? Want to be a part of building out the next-generation B2B platform?
OpenText Business Network is the global leader in B2B integration. We boost the competitiveness of businesses worldwide by connecting them with their business partners seamlessly, through the world’s largest and most scalable information network. We create frictionless interaction between companies—from the cloud to the client—through a secure, reliable, and data-rich platform.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic (!!!) We are looking for someone who considers development to be craft and who is passionate about their craft. We are looking for someone who is a great communicator. Our team operates in many countries throughout the world, and our communication is our bond.
The position requires an experienced software developer that will be part of an awesome development team and be responsible to perform the following development tasks: help design complex components and the interaction between them, create precise development specifications, turn design into user stories, implement specifications, produce accurate work estimates, perform maintenance on software, and be able to author technical documentation. Ideally, the successful candidate for this position will have experience and knowledge in building large-scale commercial applications and must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
You are great at:
•Designing & building software to introduce new functionality and expand existing functionality
•Translating customer requirements into technical specifications & design
•Contributing to overall product architecture
•Researching, evaluating and implementing suitable design patterns & technologies
•Collaborating with distributed teams to develop product roadmaps
•Suggesting and making product improvements as per industry trends & standards and customer requirements
•Helping to train and mentor other Software Engineers
•Communicating effectively with technical & non-technical resources
What it takes:
• Ten or more years of experience in software architecture, design, and development in Java.
• Experience in web service/server development using Java: e.g. Tomcat, Mule etc.,
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Proven skills to handle progressively complex software design/development.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience with development lifecycle, relational databases, networking, operating platform(s), and more than one programming language. Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts.
• Demonstrated organizational, decision-making, human relations and communications skills
• Demonstrated critical thinking. For example, consistently delivers high quality feedback during design reviews and other meetings
• Demonstrated ability to acquire new skills in the use of software development tools and methodologies and effectively put the new skills into practice
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly evolving environment
• BPM engines, Micro-services, containerization, Spring etc. a big plus
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.