Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Join OpenText, where we embrace a growth mind-set! Make an impact with this newly created role. Responsible for creating instructionally sound, engaging, and target-audience appropriate learning solutions and activities using adult learning methodologies Create global educational experience for learners that successfully teaches them new information or improves their skill level; behaviours in a new concept, application/system and/or process to increase productivity/performance. Bring your passion for designing innovative impactful learning to OpenText and take your career to a whole other level.
You are great at:
• Working closely with colleagues, leaders and subject matter experts (SMEs) throughout the design process.
• Developing detailed course plans and storyboards with well-articulated delivery strategies that leverages and inter-operates with our LMS capabilities.
• Using ADDIE &/or Bloom’s Taxonomy framework, assess appropriateness and develop training using rapid online development tools such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, and video/audio authoring tools and/or facilitator and participant guides, training data and supporting materials for instructor-led training sessions
• Designing assessments and evaluation, using the Kirkpatrick model and/or best practices in adult learning and evaluation for in class, virtual, on-line, mobile and social learning.
What it takes:
• BS or MA degree in instructional design, adult education, psychology or social sciences
• Minimum 5+ years of professional experience in instructional design with instructional technology and web-based content development
• Experience developing online training using a variety of tools ( i.e. Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, and video/audio authoring tools including facilitator and participant guides, training data and supporting materials for instructor-led training sessions
• Certified training and development professional is an asset
• Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
• Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) with ability to storyboard and write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
• Excellent critical thinking, communication, prioritization, and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills demonstrating tact and diplomacy. Flexibility, creativity and the ability to work in a rapidly changing work environment
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.