Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
OpenText is looking for a dynamic and driven Director of Product Management for the B2B Integration solutions in the Business Network business unit. The Director of Product Management reports directly to the VP of Product Management and is responsible for development of the overall product strategy, manages a team of Product Managers that drive the definition, the delivery of product releases and are responsible for the full life cycle of the product. She/he works with the global product development organization of highly skilled and motivated professionals who create products that make our customers successful by enabling their mission critical B2B processes and information sharing across their trading communities in a secure, efficient and compliant manner. She/he works closely with the go-to-market team to ensure the product roadmap can meet the requirements of the business plan and can be successfully rolled out.
You are great at:
Product Strategy including:
• Developing and evolving the overall product strategy to drive organic growth (revenue, customer count, usage, and volume)
• Developing and providing oversight of line of business strategy, technical direction, and marketing aspects of the product portfolio
• Presenting and defending investment proposals to executive teams of customers and internal executives
• Commercializing products on a global scale
• Creating winning products and services that are well positioned relative to competition
• Pruning the portfolio to maximize margin while minimizing revenue erosion
• Creating and maintain the business plan including pricing
• Discovering and validating market problems (both existing and future customers)
• Seeking new market opportunities by leveraging the company’s distinctive competence
• Determining buy/build/partner decisions
• Approving final marketing and go-to-market plans
• Conducting technology assessments
Executive Management including:
• Presenting and defending investment proposals to Opentext and customer executive teams
• Leading Product Advisory Board meetings with customers and collaborating on future investments and strategy
• Leading due diligence process and business case development for merger and acquisition opportunities,
• Representing Product Management as you identify develop and manage channel and technical partnerships
• Presenting at conferences and being a recognized thought leader
• Providing leadership and direction to direct team including recruiting, hiring, goals, resource allocation, utilization, performance management, professional development, coaching, inspiring, career pathing, succession planning and organization effectiveness
• Leading, motivating and energizing direct reports and cross functional teams that are responsible for delivery, engineering, sales and support
• Developing team processes, monitoring compliance and continuously improving
• Leading Strategic Product Initiatives. Work with PM leadership and across organizations to develop plans, set milestones, report on progress and focus on helping the team develop expertise, implement best practices, adhere to corporate process and consistently utilize systems to improve product planning and execution to achieve financial objectives
What it takes:
• Innovative, self-motivated, business-oriented, and passionate about creating high value products for customers
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in information systems, business, supply chain, or engineering. MBA is a plus.
• Experience in defining and managing horizontal or vertical software solutions, either through product management or equivalent activities.
• 10+ years Product Management experience in B2B software industry, integration services, or enterprise resource planning software.
• More than 5 years of experience in SaaS solutions.
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle process and methodologies including Agile
• Strong executive presence and maturity, and experience in executive and customer presentations
• Strong persuasion skills, including the proficiency to build an investment thesis and defend it in front of executive audiences
• Effective at influencing and convincing others into action yet able to also be a good team member/player
• Willingness to travel globally approximately 10%
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act