Function: Cloud Services
Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
Cloud Service Technical Lead (CSTL) provides technical leadership and is responsible for all technical aspects of Migrations to the Cloud and Cloud Services delivery for one or more customer engagements. CSTL possesses technical expertise in designing, implementing, tuning and optimizing product solutions, is a subject matter expert of customer environment and applications; adheres to OpenText Cloud Services service delivery and business processes. CSTL is technical point of contact for technical escalations, mentors less experienced staff members, actively engages with clients and leverages relationships to successfully onboard customers to the OpenText Cloud
CSTL is a technical expert, ensuring customers have confidence that OpenText understands its products; how our customers are using them and how they are optimized in the OpenText Cloud. CSTL works closely with Cloud Service Manager, local and offshore delivery resources, product support and customer technical teams to ensure customer expectations and service level objectives are met.
You are great at:
• Perform analysis of customer environments and recommend stability, performance and service delivery process improvements.
• Develop solutions to monitor issues in customer environments. Conduct technical audits and in depth environment health check reviews.
• Act as lead for all technical aspects of Managed Services delivery for one or more customer engagements in parallel. Responsible for incident resolution, service request fulfillment, problem management, change implementation and project work. Collect, document, analyze and summarize business requirements working with business stakeholders. Validate requirements, prototyping and functionality design, and assist with creation and quality of proposals.
• Architect, design, develop and implement Opentext based solutions.
• Address current and evolving customer requirements related to installing, configuring, developing, customizing, upgrading, integrating and migrating various versions of Opentext products.
• Perform capacity and trend analysis and provide recommendations.
• Create application support guides and perform root cause analysis.
• Work with Application Servers, Web Servers, Databases, Load Balancers, Firewalls, Internet Tools, SOA, OOD/OOAD and UML.
• Act as a point of contact for technical escalations, present technical status updates, analysis and recommendations to customer and internal management.
• Keep Cloud Service Manager informed of all activities, alerting on risks and issues promptly.
• Identify opportunities to maximize services revenue and margin within customer base.
• Assist in creating proposals that address current and evolving customer requirements.
• Mentor and assign tasks to technical team members.
• Work closely with project and build teams to ensure smooth delivery and proper implementation of customer environments.
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
• Strong understanding of infrastructure and architecture concepts and technologies, demonstrating ability to translate customer and project requirements to Operations and Support teams.
• Experience in Microsoft SQL and/or Oracle database, Microsoft IIS, IBM Web sphere, Windows server, AIX, using FTP, remote desktop tools, Microsoft Power point, Microsoft Excel and implementing/supporting high availability configurations.
• Experience working with remote and vendor product support teams.
• Experience as technical lead in a complex software development project.
• Proficient at extracting requirements from business users, understanding and presenting technical and business impacts.
• Communicate effectively and persuasively to varied audiences: technical, non-technical, senior management, in variety of settings
• ITIL, Java and OpenText proven professional certification highly desired.
• Migration/DEMA as a key skill set
• Flexibility/changing priorities as a soft skill
• Solid work ethic with a willingness to work overtime.
• Works independently with minimal supervision.
• Accepts responsibility for outcomes of own and others work.
• Adapts language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
• Viewed as someone who is accepted and trusted by clients.
• Strong customer focus with a passion for delighting customers with exceptional customer service.
• Represent OpenText in professional manner to customers, partners and OpenText personnel, at all times.
• Effective at developing influencing strategies and tactics and influencing decision-makers.
• Demonstrate assurance when making decisions without being overbearing or condescending.
• Read situations effectively: when to be assertive, when to hold back, when to escalate.
• Uses facts constructively to persuade and can defend Opentext position with empathy.
• Ability to work as a partner with cross functional and product support teams.
• Ensures project conforms to all OpenText Cloud standards, processes, and procedures
• Guides implementation team to produce detailed documentation and perform regular documentation updates
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.