Function: Human Resources
Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
Focused on driving business success, the HR Business Partner provides HR leadership, strategic and operational, to assigned functional and geographic client bases to ensure the company achieves its business goals.
The HRBP acts as an internal consultant and HR resource for senior leaders, managers and professionals and responds proactively to the unique needs of the client. Providing proactive HR consulting services in relation to Talent Acquisition and Management; Total Rewards; Employee Relations, Organizational Design and Restructuring as well as Employee Engagement and People Manager/Leadership development. Additionally this includes the identification and resolution of critical issues for the geography and client groups and the implementation of HR policies and practices that align to global HR strategic objectives.
The HRBP reflects the HR needs of the business and geography within their HR team as well as to the broader HR organization and will work collaboratively with HR Centre of Expertise to ensure timely delivery of business solutions within the framework of the global HR strategy. The HRBP as a consultant, adds value to discussions with business leaders, making compelling business cases for HR initiatives geared to drive the business needs and offers insights and analysis to the business to aid in effective decision making.
The HRBP will additionally support the flawless execution of HR management processes and tools.
The HRBP is a member of business leadership teams and will provide specific confidential counsel and support to business leaders based from the assigned HRBP functional and geographical client base.
You are great at:
• Actively partners with key leaders as aligned, demonstrating clear business acumen and an ability to drive for results and get things done. Prioritizes key business needs and drives HR initiatives delivering clear value add
• Applies strategic focus and spends >30% of time on strategic issues such as talent planning, talent management, employee engagement and organizational design efforts. Leads the business through the delivery of key programs in support of strategic goals
• Executes key HR Programs and initiatives in their geography in alignment with global HR and business requirements
• Acts as an employee advocate
• Demonstrates personal leadership through personal ownership for the success of the organization, achieved through candor, creative debate and listening, coaching and a commitment to self-improvement
• Drives excellence in execution enabling breakthrough results through organizational alignment, courageous action, thought leadership and accountability
• Develops people, teams and culture to maximize potential through a targeted investment in coaching, development and engagement
What it takes:
• University degree, preferably in business/Human Resources or a science related topic
• Minimum 10 Years of Human Resource experience in a generalist capacity
• 3-5 years of experience partnering at VP levels, preferably in a sales environment
• Clear business acumen, evidencing the use of insights in the business environment to improve talent and business outcomes
• Strong analytic capability can identify and diagnose pressing business challenges, uncover insights to enhance decision making and can align organizational strategy to talent decisions
• Strong stakeholder credibility and network. To be influential in optimizing stakeholder collaboration. To have an ability to present powerful presentations that drive stakeholders to action and be thoughtful in overcoming objections and secure stakeholder agreement to HR recommendations
• Demonstrated ability to operate and succeed within a fast paced, matrixed and team based organization, effectively partnering with peers, senior business leaders, management and professionals to identify and deliver on key objectives and move the needle on engagement, productivity and teamwork.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.