Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
Reporting to the VP, Enteprise Business Systems, the Sr. Director SAP COE will be accountable for SAP ERP (S/4HANA) end-to-end process delivery and execution on multi-year digitization roadmap, driving the company to realize maximum value from their investment in SAP ERP & the ecosystem infrastructure. Sr. Director SAP COE will have strong business acumen with significant business process engineering, operational excellence, and M&A integration experience. To be successful, the incumbant must demonstrate a high degree of passion towards ‘customer centricity’, have a metrics oriented mindset, and be focused on outcomes.
You are great at:
• Mature SAP COE strategy and delivery model. Operational model will be inclusive of the enterprise applications beyond SAP supporting end to end processes of Order to Cash, Record to Report Procure to Pay and Digital Supply Chain processes.
• Lead a global team comprised of Business Analysists, Process SMEs, and Training Leads.
• Partner with the Business and IT teams on understanding the corporate digital vision and roadmap, create project-based prioritization schedule based on defined ROI and successfully deliver on desired outcomes.
• Demonstrate best in class in project delivery by leading with a business case and end-to-end processes mindsight, crossing core systems of SFDC, S/4HANA, Renewals, Customer Service Management, Contract Management, etc.
• Lead and/or Partner on evaluating end-to-end process post acquisition (M&A) close to identify gaps, develop strategies to remediate and create a roadmap for integration.
• Drive continuous improvement and process simplification for current models. Identify and document system deficiencies and recommend areas for improvement.
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with business owners to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following deliverables as needed: Process Flows, User Requirements, Functional requirements, Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs etc.
• Define, develop and implement quality assurance practices and procedures. Oversee quality assurance and user acceptance test cycles: define test conditions, develop accurate and complete test plans and conduct/coordinate testing according to plan to follow all change control processes.
• Oversee the identification and maintenance of training requirements with respect to existing or new processes and/or technologies. Grow critical SAP and functional expertise to enable high quality delivery and efficiency.
• Ensure 100% compliance with all regulatory and security requirements associated with SOX and GDPR for all in scope applications.
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Management, or Finance
• 3+ years or more leading an SAP COE
• 3-5 years or more business partnership experience specifically with Finance teams, with exposure to senior management.
• 5+ years of demonstrated experience in leading SAP process integration efforts for mergers and acquisitions
• At least 7-10 years of management experience
• 10+ years of SAP and large program implementation experience, including managing global, diverse ERP teams and outsourced services
• Strong business and functional expertise in the areas of:
o Financial accounting, General Ledger functions, Intercompany accounting and account reconciliations, Fixed Assets and projects, Cost and inventory accounting, Monthly close processes, financial consolidations, financial analytics, and revenue recognition and deferred revenue
o Country taxation – Sales /Use tax, GST, VAT and local GAAP and Statutory accounting process (US, LATAM, APAC and EMEA)
o US GAAP & IFRS accounting practices
o Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, Record to Report and Digital Supply Chain processes
• Experience with SOX & GDPR compliance frameworks, evidence collection, audit cycles, and engagement with auditors.
• Experience on enterprise application platforms (ERP, CRM, eCommerce, Service Mgmt., etc.)
• Proven project management and leadership skills. Ability to develop value-based business cases, document detailed process maps, and facilitate gathering clear business requirements.
• Evaluate current state processes and identify opportunities for process improvement.
• Good mix of technical/IT consulting and Financial Business background.
• Positive, collaborative and solution-oriented attitude
• Strong English communication and inter-personal skills
• Strong documentation skills using common Microsoft technologies (Business case, use cases, process flows, etc.)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.