Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
Do you have an outstanding track record of building and maintaining strong cross-functional relationships? Do you have a proactive, can-do, work ethic; a demonstrated strong desire to work hard to identify issues and opportunities and work tirelessly to bring organizational resources to address such issues and opportunities?
Reporting to the Vice President Taxation, the Senior Manager, Income Tax Operations will be a key member of a global tax department which is responsible for global corporate income tax matters, tax planning, local compliance and Sox tax controls as well as accounting for income taxes. The position will be based in Open Text’s Richmond Hill office.
You are great at:
Working closely with the Director, Income Tax Operations and the broader global tax team, the Senior Manager Income Tax Operations is primarily responsible for the tax group’s timely delivery of accurate forecasts of effective tax rates, cash tax payments, and other related tax deliverables. In particular:
• Partner with Finance Planning, Transfer Pricing and Treasury groups to timely prepare forecasted operating income and cash tax payments for inclusion in the quarterly and annual forecasts of consolidated income tax provision and operating cash flow ;
• Prepare forecasted income and cash flows to support valuations of acquired entities and assets planned for integration into Open Text’s corporate structure and transfer pricing model; assist in review of reorganization planning, and review of tax technical documents to support reorganization transactions;
• Coordinate quarterly review of intercompany balances and loans, review tax implications of settlements and foreign exchange , and support planning for placement of any new debt financing within the corporate entity structure,;
• Lead contact for tax group in maintenance of the financial statement and compliance tracker used jointly with the Controllership group to ensure timely and accurate filing of income tax returns;
• Lead the preparation of bottoms up annual forecast of tax group external advisory fees, and monthly monitoring of actual vs budget spend;
• Assist with review of available digitalization tools to expedite tax process transformation, and development of use cases for implementation;
What it takes:
• Bachelor's Degree required; professional accounting accreditation;
• Big four accounting firm experience a plus;
• 8-10 years tax experience, 5+ in global tax environment;
• Experience with the following technical areas:
o Management of international tax structures and related transfer pricing issues ;
o Consolidation of the tax accounting for a multinational company
o Tax Reporting under US GAAP (FAS 109/ASC740/APB23) and experience dealing with valuation allowances;
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.