Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Security Engineer will fully understand a wide array of security processes and concepts. The Security Engineer will provide extensive security support functions for the Open Text Commercial and Corporate infrastructure for internal and external customers. This is a hands-on role that will require detailed knowledge of security concepts, security services, and common security issues. The role will focus on leading efforts on behalf of the Global Information Security (GIS) team and completing tasks in conjunction with the GIS Team’s activities and projects.
This position does require the ability to participate in on call work (24/7).
You are great at:
• Serving as a technical leader of the Security Incident response team
• Building custom tools for investigations, hunting and research
• Actively hunting threats actors and identify their techniques, tools and processes.
• Performing threat intelligence research and identify how those threat affect the OpenText Commercial & Corporate environment
• Supporting deployment, configuration, and monitoring of anti-virus and endpoint protection technology
• Communicating threats to responsible teams for remediation, follow-up to ensure timelines are met
What it takes:
• 5+ years in security engineering or security operations
• Experience performing penetration testing, and network and host forensic analysis
• Scripting experience (Python preferred) to automate repeatable tasks
• Knowledge of computer security architecture to include including firewalls, IDS/IPS, DMZs, and remote access methods/VPNs
• Familiarity with commonly used information security concepts, best practices and standard procedures
• Must be able to evaluate and apply concepts of risk management to prioritize security issues
• Knowledge of how to best secure a complex environment that includes Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, mobile devices and IoT
• Team player who is always looking for ways to improve the security posture while minimizing business impact
• Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities; the ability to work independently with minimal supervision effectively and efficiently
• Capable of working under pressure in a continually changing fast-paced environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Resourceful in knowing how to research problems and creating proposed solutions on related topics
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Systems Engineering or equivalent experience preferred. CISSP or SANS certifications preferred
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.