Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
The Senior Public Relations Manager is a critical role in the corporate communications organization responsible for the successful implementation of strategic public relations programs that communicate OpenText’s vision, brand and product/technology leadership. You will be responsible for working directly with internal stakeholders – product marketing, content experts and executives - with the primary goal of increasing awareness of the OpenText brand across all audiences, including existing and potential customers, partners, employees, the media, and the public overall. Working directly with OpenText’s Director/Sr. Director PR you will serve as the main point person for reporters and other influencers. The overall objective is to produce a strong, goals-oriented, and measurable public relations program that communicates OpenText’s leadership position in the Information Management market.
You are great at:
• Define, plan, implement, and optimize PR and communications programs, with a specific focus on technology, vertical industries and executive thought-leadership.
• Work with product/industry and corporate teams to gather requirements, plan, manage and complete projects. Build relationships with stakeholders across OpenText and the media.
• Develop and execute innovative and engaging communication plans within set time, budget, and resource constraints.
• Manage multiple project streams concurrently.
• Proactively assess stories and news, analyze issues, develop well thought-out solutions and messages, and gain coverage for OpenText.
• Report on progress to the senior leadership team. Communicate risks and dependencies in a timely manner.
• Track, measure, analyze and report results of all programs.
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of PR or communications experience - ideally in a high-tech PR agency or technology company.
• An experienced PR or communications professional that can think tactically and strategically. A self-starter and someone who is comfortable working with cross-functional teams – often in different cities, countries and time zones.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills, and solid track record in developing technology and corporate public relations campaigns.
• Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to interact with diverse groups, spanning all organizational levels.
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• The ideal candidate will have working relationships with technology and trade reporters in North America.
• Ability to see both the strategic big picture and execute against detail.
• Strong and committed work ethic and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Enthusiasm to take on complex communications challenges in a dynamic organization.
• The ability to envision, articulate and realize both process and program improvements within the communications team.
• To conduct one’s self in compliance with agreed rules and standards and should be reported fairly and accurately in a transparent manner. Willingness to accept responsibility and admit mistakes. Sees beyond job function and understands the bigger picture.
• Overcomes resistance to change and/or obstacles. Maintains effectiveness despite changing tasks, responsibilities, coworkers, and environments. Adapts behavior to perform effectively under changing or unclear conditions. Adapts interpersonal style to highly diverse individuals and groups in a range of situations.
• Articulates ideas and instructions both written and orally to diverse audiences. Initiates communication in difficult situations or with unreceptive individuals and groups. Actively listens to understand and learn. Speaks and writes clearly and concisely.
• Makes active attempts to influence events to achieve goals. Self-starting rather than passively accepting.
• Develops an environment conducive to developing strong working relationships. Recognizes opportunities and forms a vision of what can be achieved. Constructively influences different individuals inside and outside of the organization.
• Ability to write clear, concise and on-message documents, including press releases, pitches, by-lined articles, executive briefings and reports, FAQs, messaging documents and presentations.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.