Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
OpenText is looking for a Senior Program Manager with large scale SaaS project expertise. The Senior Program Manager is responsible for managing concurrent projects. They are also responsible for timely delivery of quality project outputs while performing appropriate scope management. The role will manage the overall timeline for the project, managing issues and risks, and communicating project status to project sponsors and upper management. The Senior Program Manager has strong leadership, excellent communication, and “hands-on” project management skills, as well as proficiency in motivating and leading others through vision, strategic positioning, and leadership characteristics.
The Senior Program Manager provides a single point of contact for projects and will take projects from original concept through final implementation. They will facilitate definition of project scope and objectives with teams, and oversee/coordinate all aspects of project, plan and direct schedules as well as project budgets. They will provide Agile management for the teams to develop an iterative, continuous approach to delivery and team workflows.
The role will be working with the team developing the OT2 Platform and Applications and is therefore a highly visible role with significant scope. The ideal candidate has experience and understanding of Cloud platforms, micro service architectures, CI/CD pipelines and working across multiple geographies.
You are great at:
• Developing detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, dependency tracking and status reports.
• Interfacing with peers in other teams as well as their leaders, including Product Management, Product Marketing, Engineering and Professional Services
• Providing clear status reports to the CEO and EVP Engineering
• Conducting project meetings and being responsible for project deliverables.
• Recommending and taking action to direct the analysis of and solution to problems.
• Providing visibility to team impediments/risks and helping eliminate them
• Breaking projects into measurable milestones
• Helping team achieve project goals while partnering with Product Managers on overall business goals
What it takes:
• Minimum BS CS or equivalent experience
• Experience of working with Cloud platforms or SaaS applications
• 5 to 8 years of industry engineering experience, with at least 5 years in a management or project management position
• Proven track record of successful project/program management of mid to large size projects
• Agile project management training and experience
• Experience with project management of several concurrent projects for commercial operations, security and service management
• Strong interpersonal and collaborative problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Effective facilitation skills for participatory decision making
• Accustomed to work in an international environment involving multiple development sites on various time zones.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.