Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
The IT Enterprise Business Systems team is responsible for all business systems at OpenText. We are currently seeking a Senior Manager to lead our web technology team. This team is both operational and development and responsible for many web site implementations at OpenText including our www.opentext.com site. OpenText utilizes the power of many of our web technologies including TeamSite, Web Experience Management (WEM), Portal, Media Manager to name a few. OpenText has an aggressive acquisition strategy as such our application landscape is constantly evolving. The web environment has many integrations with other enterprise business systems, such as Eloqua and Salesforce.com.
You are great at:
• Managing a team of Web Developers.
• Co-managing (dotted line) an equivalent team offshore (In this case India)
• Managing a public facing website (full stack development using Content Management Systems)
• Working closely with business leads to evaluate and prioritize projects and enhancement requests.
• Leading on-going enhancement release sprints.
• Team resource planning and weekly reporting.
• Ensuring the team is compliant with IT process requirements and best practices.
• Providing ongoing feedback to team members, including goal setting and performance reviews.
• Managing the teams Ticket (3rd level support) queues.
• Maintaining a skills matrix for the team – identifying areas for development and ensuring a plan is in place to address any gaps (tie into goals).
• Actively participate in system roadmaps – planning upgrades, consolidations etc.
• Host ongoing steering committee meetings where appropriate.
What it takes:
• 5+ years of management experience with the capacity to mentor effectually
• 5+ years of web development experience in a multitude of languages (Java, .NET, php etc.)
• Experience developing websites based on Content Management Systems (preferably OpenText Web Technologies: TeamSite, WEM, Portal, OTMM, RedDot
• or Adobe, CQ, Drupal, WordPress for example)
• Similar development experience working with Microsoft SQL server or equivalent
• Understand the infrastructure involved in delivering web experiences: load balancers, firewalls, performance accelerators (Akamai)
• An aptitude to learn new technology quickly
• Effective documentation skills with excellent written and oral communication skills (English)
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team while handling multiple streams of work effectively
• A bachelor’s degree, College diploma or equivalent experience.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.