Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
The Senior Event Planner will work closely with the Senior Manager of Global Events. As a senior member of Open Text’s dynamic marketing/event team, the primary function will be managing projects from site selection to event completion. This involves working with various key stakeholders to develop future plans and strategies in a fast-paced, ever changing environment. The secondary functions will include; financial tracking, mentoring/motivating the event team; building / maintaining strong client and vendor relationships.
You are great at:
- Project management of Open Text conferences and events including all components of meeting planning from concept to completion. (annual conferences, incentive trips, sales meetings, all corporate meetings, and tradeshows.
- Financial Management: establish budget expenses and revenue sources, prepare and manage assigned budgets and reconcile vendor invoices; work within budget guidelines and monitor spending
- Work with procurement to source, contract, and manage external vendor resources
- Work with internal resources in the execution of project components handled internally by Open Text
- Correspond with external resources, customers, and Open Text employees
- Site Selection: establish requirements, conduct research and recommend meeting venues and cities, including on-site visits.
- Maintain a visible role in the meeting planning industry by sustaining an active involvement in industry associations (as approved), attending industry functions, and building strong, mutually respectful relationships with clients, vendors, and facility representatives
- Project management of conference web sites – prior work with CVENT is an asset
- Complete post meeting activities including, but not limited to event surveys/post-mortems
What it takes:
- 7+ years marketing & event planning experience in a high technology or agency environment as a Senior Planner
- Post secondary school education in Events, Marketing, Communications or equivalent experience
- Confident, articulate, self starter, team player, hands-on but with good delegation skills
- Excellent project management skills and flexibility to move between projects in a fast-paced environment working with all levels of associates to ensure their needs are met
- Strong understanding of communication processes and ability to work with various communication mediums
- Strong communication skills, flexible attitude and ability to function as a member of a team are required
- Excellent and proven communication skills – both written and verbal
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, pro-active, able to work in a highly energetic environment
- Excellent knowledge of event planning and marketing processes
- Excellent budget and financial management skills, attention to detail
- Experience with CVENT
- Ardent belief in customer service values and demonstrated implementation of these values
- Event planning accreditation, or ongoing studies, preferred (ie CMP)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.