Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Procurement Contract Management Specialist is responsible for leading, in partnership with the Sourcing and Category Management teams, all inbound/procurement contract negotiations and ongoing contract lifecycle management activities. You will advise on a wide variety of commercial contracts including marketing & events, contingent labour, corporate services, facilities, I.T with a particular focus on data privacy, data security and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In this role, the incumbent will work closely with Legal team colleagues, as well as with business leaders throughout the company, on a myriad of deals. Along with raising the business acumen pertaining to the discipline of contract management, you will help us to build scalable tools and processes to support a growing global business as well as the sourcing and procurement transformation initiative. You must bring exceptional business judgment and creativity to your daily role, and have a track record of collaborating and thriving in a fast-paced, team environment.
You are great at:
• Leading, in collaboration with Strategic Sourcing, the negotiation of complex initiatives following a sourcing event, including preparation of negotiation strategies, drafting of contractual terms because of negotiations, preparation and execution of the final contract;
• Managing the day to day activities associated with post-award contract management and administration such as tracking, insurance, WSIB or applicable jurisdiction equivalents, managing renewals, identifying and reporting on contracts that are expiring and require re-procurement, as well as overall compliance with policies and procedures;
• Interpreting contractual clauses, and managing contractual disputes, including corrective action, all in collaboration with legal;
• Reviewing and processing statements of work;
• Managing and administering the contract change order process; Managing the contract close out procedure as applicable to established contracts;
• Managing the transition of all contracts related to merger and acquisition transactions to ensure that all contracts are loaded into the OpenText contract repository, and set up for effective management and administration; Identifying risks and opportunities as it relates to contracts and strategic sourcing initiatives for mergers and acquisitions (MA);
• Developing templates and standards for the sourcing, procurement and contract functions; and
What it takes:
• 8 plus years of relevant contracting and procurement experience, ideally in a fast-paced and growing environment;
• Thorough skills in contract preparation, negotiation, drafting and interpretation of a wide variety of technology agreements including software, hardware, telecom, network, facilities and professional services would be considered a strong asset;
• IT background and knowledge would be an asset;
• Proven ability to interact effectively with all levels of the company including executive level management;
• Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality; Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines in a new and changing environment;
• Advanced capabilities and expertise in PowerPoint and Excel;
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM) or Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) designation through the National Contract Management Association or other similar designation or equivalent work experience.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.