Function: Human Resources
Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
As a member of the Global Benefits Team the Lead Benefits Specialist position will work with the Regional Benefits Manager on the research, analysis, design, delivery, evaluation and effective administration of employee benefits programs and initiatives for the assigned region.
You are great at:
• Lead the design and delivery of a comprehensive benefits package/programs to meet business objectives and keep pace with the changing workforce within the assigned region (Americas)
• Lead the research and analysis of group benefit and retirement plans, to ensure the competitiveness of plans through benchmark analysis to identify trends and ensure plans remain market competitive
• Provides management planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing employee benefit data and trends.
• Lead M&A integration activities within region. Represents team in due diligence activities.
• Create framework for developing programs and practices to ensure administrative excellence of benefits operations, including oversight of benefit programs administration and compliance
• Lead compliance efforts to ensure alignment with all applicable labour laws and regulations, benefits contracts and company policies. Complete benefit audits and annual reporting requirements
• Prepare, analyze and deliver reporting and cost projections to support the recommendation of benefit plan changes and ensure program governance
• Lead the annual plan renewal processes, including evaluation of costs, design reviews, data requirements and communications. Co-ordinate the planning, organizing and directing the activities related to annual enrollments and changes to existing benefit plan design, changes in processes etc.
• Develop and deliver comprehensive communication material/training documentation for new and existing benefit programs
• Prepare various cost, design analysis and recommendations for new benefits, acquisition integration and existing benefit programs and initiatives to facilitate decision making.
• Monitor benefit trends in the business environment and stay abreast of applicable benefits legislation. Research, analyze and interpret existing and proposed statutory requirements governing benefits plans and recommend appropriate course of action.
• Act as the escalation point for internal and external inquiries relating to benefit plans, policies and procedures advise management on resolving benefits issues.
• Lead relationships with vendors and negotiate with insurance companies, third party administrators and consultants to provide quality service and comply with contract terms and conditions.
• Maintain oversight on disability management programs, company and market trends
• Investigate and implement cost containment measures for benefits program offerings where and when appropriate
• Work with benefit providers, third party administrators, consultants to provide quality service, compliance with contract terms and conditions and timely issue resolution
What it takes:
• 8-10 years’ experience in HR with a focus on benefits.
• Experience supporting a regional model is required, with specific focus on the Americas (Canada, Brazil and Mexico)
• Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or related field
• CEBS designation or related course work is an asset
• Working knowledge of local regulations, filing and compliance requirements including related to benefits administration and policy
• A demonstrated ability to prioritize in a complex environment with multiple tasks and tight deadlines and with a high degree of change and ambiguity;
• Ability to work with multi-functional areas;
• Ability to effectively handle escalations and time critical issues;
• Strong organizational skills and follow-through on commitments and deadlines;
• Ability to confidently and comfortably interact with team members and leaders at all levels;
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple and shifting priorities
• Strong interpersonal and employee relations skills with understanding of the importance of confidentiality;
• Ability to prioritize and complete assignments independently and with little supervision and achieve results;
• Familiar with and able to apply a variety of the field's (group benefits, retirement plans and insurance industry) commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Can think and work independently to research, analyze and make recommendations
• Strong background manipulating data using Excel
• SAP knowledge an asset
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.