Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
We are an agile development team with close cooperation across development, quality assurance, documentation, and project management.
All of the projects have performance, scalability and stability requirements: the application components must run both on premise as well in the cloud. Thus a great importance is placed on code quality and thoroughness in design.
As Intermediate Frontend Developer you are responsible for maintaining and enhancing our extensive and complex HTML5/JS UI framework under guidance of our UI Architect and Senior Developers.
If you have a passion for state of the art UI technology, and like the idea of developing on the industry leading product, you could be a good fit.
You are great at:
• Adhering to project deadlines and deliver quality code
• Translating UI/UX design wireframes to actual code
• Assisting in user story identification, task breakdown, effort estimation and implementation of new software features in an incremental manner using agile methodologies
• Collaborating with other Senior Developers and the Lead Developers to enhance the UI software architecture
• Delivering high quality software that is scalable, high-performing, and robust.
• Building reusable code and libraries for future use
• Performing and participating in code reviews
• Assisting customer support staff and customers with troubleshooting
• Researching new technologies and software solution – out-of-the-box innovative thinkers are highly valued.
• Staying current in the field of software development; learning new programming platforms, tools and languages as needed
What it takes:
• Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
• A fundamental understanding of component design and how it applies to the web.
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Experience with routing based apps
• Experience of working on web applications/single-page apps.
• LESS/Sass or any CSS preprocessor
• At least a basic knowledge of how to use node.js.
• Proficient knowledge using rational database like Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.