Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Development and M&A, the Director, M&A will work on the evaluation and execution of public and private company mergers and acquisitions to generate inorganic growth for OpenText.
Working with cross-functional teams, the Director, M&A will develop transaction rationale and business plans. Other key responsibilities include:
• Manage OpenText’s M&A governance process and construct analytical frameworks to facilitate go/no-go decisions.
• Support the development of an accelerated M&A process model leveraging “Essential” diligence and integration models and streamlined transaction negotiation processes.
• Coordinate cross-functional teams in due diligence and manage internal and external subject matter experts (legal, accounting, investment banking, consulting, etc.).
• Support transaction structuring with Legal, Treasury, Tax and other stakeholders
• Identify and evaluate operational and financial impacts of the combined entity; identify risks and risk mitigation strategies;
• Support integration planning and execution: develop operating models; assist with on-boarding activities.
This individual is also expected to manage M&A deal flow by maintaining a pipeline, proactively contacting targets, evaluating deals sent to OpenText, and building relationships with investment bankers to keep OpenText top-of-mind in the marketplace.
The Director, M&A will play a highly visible role in OpenText’s Corporate Development activities and provide general transaction and analytic support to the Vice President, including the creation of compelling presentation materials for senior management and board purposes.
You are great at:
• Executing an accelerated M&A lifecycle model.
• Defining M&A strategies and articulating acquisition business cases.
• Developing and maintaining Excel workbooks and financial models to facilitate the evaluation of opportunities.
• Leading preliminary diligence activities and asking the right questions to make quick go/no-go decisions
• Developing and maintaining excellent cross functional relationships and be responsible for a high degree of cross functional satisfaction with the engagement process and work products.
• Assisting in Corporate Development activities including preparing presentations and attending pursuit meetings with cross functional teams.
• Being responsible for fostering an open and inclusive work environment.
What it takes:
• A minimum of 7-8 years of relevant corporate finance experience gained within one or more of the following contexts: corporate development, investment banking, private equity, or venture capital, preferably in software/technology/information services or a related industry
• Experience operating in an accelerated M&A lifecycle model
• Demonstrable experience in leading or playing a key role in deal processes from concept to completion, including the ability to negotiate and execute entire transactions or elements of a value enhancing transaction
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills and proficiency in financial modeling, valuation and business case building
• Highly proficient in using PowerPoint and proven ability to develop compelling presentations, write reports and effectively deliver the same to audiences of varying seniority to gain organizational commitment and alignment; ability to balance listening and advocacy to achieve decisions that are well supported
• Strong work ethic, with an effective combination of business acumen, sound decision-making, and a bias for action; ability to act in a decisive, urgent and committed way to achieve results; remain focused on deliverables and leverage resources to reach goals
• Effective at building strong and collaborative internal and external relationships and professional networks
• Four year college degree; MBA preferred
• Ability to travel and work long hours as circumstances demand
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.