Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
Open Text embeds, bundles and resells a range of technologies that for various business and technical reasons are sourced from third party technology partners rather than developed or acquired outright by the company. On an annual basis, the company spends several $M’s for the licenses, maintenance, and development services associated with these third-party technologies.
You will manage the business relationships with these third-party partners and work with stakeholders across the organization to ensure that usage of third party technology aligns with the company’s commercial and strategic interests.
You are great at:
1. Managing the ongoing relationship between the company and third-party suppliers and ensuring the obligations of the parties are properly fulfilled.
2. Negotiating agreements with business terms that meet organization’s cost and return objectives
3. Managing costs through contract negotiation and detailed needs analysis
4. Ensuring that prospective and continued usage of third party technologies abide by the company’s acceptable use policies and satisfy the company’s tolerance with respect to commercial, Intellectual Property (IP), contractual, and operational risk.
5. Proactively monitoring the supplier landscape and recommend appropriate internal responses to market developments such as acquisitions of suppliers and changes in product or strategic direction
What it takes:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in finance, procurement, engineering or legal in the software industry with experience in contract negotiations and vendor outreach.
• Industry experience in the enterprise software market and/or adjacent technology industries is desirable.
• Self-directed individual with ability to proactively manage concurrent assignments.
• Demonstrated business acumen and judgment.
• Experience in software/services sourcing, procurement or vendor management is desirable.
• Proven ability to work in a highly matrixed and influence-based organizational structure.
• Finance, Engineering and/or Legal background is desirable.
• University degree
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.