Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
The Network Security Engineer will fully understand and use best practices to actively protect the networks of OpenText. The Security Engineer will provide extensive network security support functions for the Open Text Commercial and Corporate infrastructure for internal and external customers. This is a hands-on role that will require detailed knowledge of a wide variety of network and firewall equipment and the ability to react at a moment’s notice to stop threats. This role will also serve as a liaison between the Network and Security teams, assuring that Security Operations has the necessary visibility into the Network environment.
You are great at:
• Using a wide variety of network infrastructure equipment to include Cisco, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Juniper and others for threat hunting purposes
• Understanding and analyzing complex network architectures across varied environments
• Analyze and update daily reports of network traffic & provide "eyes on glass" monitoring and response
• Participating in Security Incident response
• Staying up to date on latest threats in the wild
• Review and audit existing firewall configuration using tools including Algosec and manual review, creating reports of discrepancies and recommending changes
• Auditing support and artifact documentation for ISO27001, PCI, SOC1 & SOC2 audit frameworks
What it takes:
• 5+ years in network security engineering, preferably with a security focus
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Systems Engineering or equivalent experience preferred.
• Must be able to evaluate and apply concepts of risk management and prioritization to security issues
• Extensive knowledge of security architectures and techniques, including firewalls, DMZs, remote access/VPN, wireless LANs, penetration testing, intrusion detection, web application security
• Experience in analyzing and synthesizing information with other relevant data sources, providing guidance to analysts and operators, evaluating, interpreting, and integrating all sources of information, and fusing computer network attack analyses with available threat feed data.
• Must have expertise and experience in security operational services: Unified Threat Management (IDS/IPS Web filtering, etc.), SIEM, DDOS/DOS
• Rotational 24x7 on call
• Good analytic, troubleshooting and problem solving
• Ability to work alone with minimal supervision effectively and efficiently
• Capable of working under pressure in a continually changing fast paced environment
• Resourceful in knowing how to research problems and find information or documentation on related
• Other duties as assigned
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.