Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
Reporting to the Vice President, Taxation, the Senior Manager Tax will become a member of the global tax department responsible for corporate income tax planning, compliance and accounting for income taxes. Headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario ,Open Text Corporation provides a comprehensive suite of software products that assist customers in finding, utilizing and sharing business information from any device in ways which are intuitive, efficient and productive.
You are great at:
Responsible for assisting the Vice President Taxation and other members of the tax group with tax aspects of the acquisition of target assets and integration of acquired assets into the Open Text business and tax structure.
• Due diligence- liaise with members of Corporate Development group in review of due diligence materials, participation in cross functional meetings, and periodic reporting of tax due diligence milestones;
• Purchase agreement –assist Vice President Taxation and Open Text legal group with review and finalization of contract terms, and review of supporting schedules to the contract ;
• Prior to transaction closing- assist with integration planning , working closely with Open Text tax group and Corporate Development integration group
• Post-closing activities- secure and organize all physical and electronic tax records, confirm historical tax positions of acquired target entity, and contribute to assessment of need for tax reserves under FIN 48 analysis.
• Lead the preparation of tax component of the purchase price accounting for completed acquisitions
• Assist in finalization of asset or entity valuations, working with Open Text ‘s Director Valuations and external valuation advisor; assist Open Text’s Director Transfer Pricing in development of appropriate transfer pricing methodology for acquired assets
• Support and ensure SOX compliance on acquisition and integration activities
What it takes:
• Bachelor's Degree required; professional accounting accreditation;
• Big four accounting firm experience a plus;
• 6 to 8 years tax experience, recent experience in tax transactions
• Experience with the following technical areas:
o reporting under US GAAP(FAS 109)
o FIN 48 reserve analysis
o Purchase accounting
• Outstanding track record of building and maintaining strong cross-functional relationships up and down the organization, from junior level staff to the Vice President;
• A proactive, can-do, work ethic; a demonstrated strong desire to work hard to identify issues and opportunities and work tirelessly to bring the organizational resources to bear to address such issues and opportunities
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straight forward manner
• Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.