Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
The Senior Director of Corporate Panning will design, drive and own the Management Reporting and Financial Planning for Open Text globally. The Senior Director is directly responsible for over-seeing the decision-making process driving the business performance and to recommend financial models and metrics to track performance. An essential prerequisite for this role is an excellent understanding of in-depth analytics that drive business performance with the use of various data sources to support decisions and tradeoffs. The role reports directly to the VP, Financial Planning & Analysis and is expected to establish him/herself as a strong partner to other business leaders. This role will enable her/his team to respond to a myriad of competing requests from various stakeholders. Additionally, this role requires an approach that prescribes and adapts models and scenario planning, and processes to an ever-changing growth oriented environment using leading metrics as an evaluation of performance.
The Ideal Candidate:
A strong predictor of success for the Senior Director of Corporate Planning is a leader who can build and develop a strong Corporate FP&A team, has significant experience managing and enhancing an effective budgeting and forecasting process in a very fast paced, dynamic environment, and who is self-motivated and works well in a team environment. He/she will have the ability to interact with and influence management and contributors at all levels of the organization.
You are great at:
• Strategic communication of KPIs, business performance
• Interpreting, explaining and driving performance within the global business
• Orchestrating the production of insightful financial reporting based on analytical models.
• Recommending the reengineering of and drive rigorous performance based reporting.
• Partnering for Success: Understands Open Text’s business, different lines of business and industry trends.
• Developing a global and holistic perspective by breaking down silos and incorporating views from other teams and functions.
• Manage Finance cadence, meetings, forecasting and deliverables
• Will own the harmonization and standardization of management reporting, commentary and analytics worldwide.
• Establishes and oversees detailed analysis such as evaluating changes in forecast, budgets and prior periods
• Own annual strategic and budgeting / planning process.
• Ensures data accuracy and integrity and conducts detailed analysis to solve problems and provide recommendations and insights. Considers the big picture, including all stakeholders, and looks beyond the obvious to anticipate problems and data needs and proactively find solutions.
• Identifies and Prioritizes risks and develops solutions to achieve business objectives while remaining compliant with financial and accounting standards.
• Develop the Corporate FP&A team enabling them to understand their partners’ priorities and acts as a co-pilot to guide through financial and business decisions.
• Guide the Corporate FP&A team to prepare various financial analyses including variance, risk and opportunity on current operations.
• Highly capable in preparing excel based “what if” models and recognizes issues with data integrity and works with their team resolves these issues proactively.
• Understands software service models
What it takes:
• 10 + years of related experience required Job Requirements, with demonstrated capability at the Sr. Executive level
• Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting or other quantitative discipline required
• Master's Degree or CPA preferred
• Strong data analytical skills with strong mathematical and systems skills.
• Influencing and Negotiation Skills: Masters ability to listen, interpret, influence, challenge, build relationships, resolve conflict, presentation and discussion facilitation, conflict resolution and negotiation. Advanced knowledge and understanding of financial analysis and modeling especially BPC (Business Planning and Consolidation), Excel and PowerPoint as well as familiarity with SAP
• Excellent capability in dealing with and eliminating ambiguity and demonstrated superior problem-solving abilities
• Entrepreneurial demeanor with demonstrated ability to partner with leadership in driving top line opportunities
• High energy self-starter with a strong drive for results
• Results oriented and ability to multi task
• Strong analytical and process improvement skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to flourish / function in ambiguity
• Ability to effectively interact, influence and collaborate with finance peers
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.