Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now
As a Project Manager in the Technology PMO, you will provide high impact leadership on strategic
Infrastructure, IT Operations and IT Security and Risk, projects and programs. You will be responsible
for the execution of project and program management activities (including funding approval requests,
building the project governance structure, analysis of deliverables, cross-organization engagement of
stakeholders, business case planning and delivery of work-streams), Risk Mitigation, Change Control,
Communication and Financial tracking on assigned projects and programs.
You are great at:
• Program/Project Management. Experienced in leading large-scale programs or projects with a minimum budget of $1M. Ability to adapt to different roles that suit the stage/phase of the program/project. Ability to align and communicate how the objectives of the program/project align with OpenText’s strategy. Ability to look beyond the work breakdown structure, activities and schedule to manage deliverables to keep the program/project on track.
• Good Facilitator. Ability to provide the Leadership team and the Steering Committee with relevant contextual information/data points and analytics to facilitate the decision-making process. Facilitate discussions around key decision points and help bring about a consensus and ensure alignment with OpenText’s overall strategy and program objectives in mind. Assist in prioritizing competing objectives through detailed cost-benefit analyses
• Stakeholder Management. Adept at interacting and managing various levels of leadership in a cross functional matrix structure. Bridge the gap between the working group and the steering committees in terms of perspective and execution through the project. Proficient in translating key leadership decisions to the various stakeholder groups and aligning all groups towards delivering the program/project objective.
• Results-Oriented. You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results. You understand communication is at the heart of creating a positive client experience and can maneuver through challenging situations with ease.
• Creative. You seek out innovative solutions and can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
• Critical Thinking. You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't and are always thinking two-steps ahead to avoid problems before they happen. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
• Relationship Building. You are professional and poised, whether you're brainstorming with the team, running meetings or making client presentations. You thrive on building productive client relationships and ensuring that internal teams have what they need to be successful.
• Inclusivity. You have a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities and are able to engage the right stakeholders at the right time to drive analyses and decision making
What it takes:
• 5+ years of demonstrated success in managing multiple IT projects simultaneously with varying
• degrees of complexity and maintaining a consistent high level of quality
• 5+ years managing projects in a cross-functional, matrixed organization comprised of
• geographically dispersed and virtual teams
• 5+ years of experience with in Infrastructure, Network, Network Security, IT Security and Risk,
• Security Architecture, Data Protection & Information, Data Center Operations
• 3+ years of experience in Network Security and Operations, IT Security Operations and IT
• Security best practices
• Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively and tactfully with both business-oriented
• executives and technology-oriented colleagues
• Ability to negotiate a compromise among business partners with competing priorities
• PMP certification highly desired
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.